U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-20-2018, 04:51 PM
 
76 posts, read 90,985 times
Reputation: 31

Advertisements

Now that the clubs are being sold and the owners have established its time to start moving assests what’s else will they sell or transfer? If they feel the time is right from an investment standpoint to start cashing out one would assume there are other shoes to drop.

Last edited by tarheel79; 01-20-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 PM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,532,258 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel79 View Post
Now that the clubs are being sold and the owners have established its time to start moving assests what’s else will they sell or transfer? If they feel the time is right from an investment standpoint to start cashing out one would assume there are other shoes to drop.
I'm not sure what you mean. Who is "they" and what do you mean by "assets"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 PM
 
76 posts, read 90,985 times
Reputation: 31
“They” would be the developer, as in the same who sold the clubs. Have no idea what else they own/control that could be sold or transferred to others over the coming years.

I’m familiar with Club Corp who own/manage golf courses and dining like Troon. CC bought a club I was a member of and made numerous changes almost immediately. Some good, some bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 AM
 
4,984 posts, read 2,233,487 times
Reputation: 7151
As for what the developer will sell or transfer .... I can not say for sure. Some speculation from hearsay and reading tid bits here and there.

Various pieces of the land owned by the developers have been turned over or given to the POA such as waterway park and some has been given to the town such as land for the fire department.

There is a significant amount of land that remains wetlands, ponds, public utilitys such as pumping stations, right of ways and so that for the most part goes to the POA or town to manage and protect.

I am not sure of the status of the Marina. At one point I understood the developer still had a significant interest there. That may have changed.

There are a number of commercial/business properties that border the plantation along 211 and Middleton Road that belong to the developer. They are not part of the plantation though they may fall under jurisdiction of the Town of SJ or Oak Island. No doubt the developer will improve and sell off these properties as they see fit.

I think the developer is done with amenities but who knows. Maybe they will have a parting gift to SJP. Maybe there are a few tracts of land left that could transfer to the town or POA for anyone of a number of reasons.

Once the last parcel of land along Oceanic in the NW corner of SJP is done, I think the developer will be out the plantation for all practical purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2018, 06:11 PM
 
76 posts, read 90,985 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
As for what the developer will sell or transfer .... I can not say for sure. Some speculation from hearsay and reading tid bits here and there.

Various pieces of the land owned by the developers have been turned over or given to the POA such as waterway park and some has been given to the town such as land for the fire department.

There is a significant amount of land that remains wetlands, ponds, public utilitys such as pumping stations, right of ways and so that for the most part goes to the POA or town to manage and protect.

I am not sure of the status of the Marina. At one point I understood the developer still had a significant interest there. That may have changed.

There are a number of commercial/business properties that border the plantation along 211 and Middleton Road that belong to the developer. They are not part of the plantation though they may fall under jurisdiction of the Town of SJ or Oak Island. No doubt the developer will improve and sell off these properties as they see fit.

I think the developer is done with amenities but who knows. Maybe they will have a parting gift to SJP. Maybe there are a few tracts of land left that could transfer to the town or POA for anyone of a number of reasons.

Once the last parcel of land along Oceanic in the NW corner of SJP is done, I think the developer will be out the plantation for all practical purposes.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2018, 05:44 PM
 
1,090 posts, read 1,975,887 times
Reputation: 387
Not to cause any trouble but you can get to play the St James Courses, including the Reserve, when you go through one of the companies that specialize in Golf packages for groups of 8 and above. Before i moved here in NC I used to put together Golf trips for friends from 8 to 16 guys and the St James Courses were offered as part of the packages. Remember the morning we went to play the Reserve and talking to some locals in the clubhouse and we told them we were from outside the gates, they were not too happy. They have been doing this for over 10 years now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Thanks for confirming that the courses are currently essentially closed to outside play. I predict this will be a huge issue moving forward at SJP.

No hand grenades being lobbed here btw. Others are asking the question too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2018, 07:33 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,532,258 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Not to cause any trouble but you can get to play the St James Courses, including the Reserve, when you go through one of the companies that specialize in Golf packages for groups of 8 and above. Before i moved here in NC I used to put together Golf trips for friends from 8 to 16 guys and the St James Courses were offered as part of the packages. Remember the morning we went to play the Reserve and talking to some locals in the clubhouse and we told them we were from outside the gates, they were not too happy. They have been doing this for over 10 years now.
I believe that! LOL I'm not too happy when the "locals" go outside the gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2018, 09:31 AM
 
1,090 posts, read 1,975,887 times
Reputation: 387
Once we told them we also were from New Jersey everything was ok!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I believe that! LOL I'm not too happy when the "locals" go outside the gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2018, 12:05 PM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,532,258 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Once we told them we also were from New Jersey everything was ok!!!
Yes, those are the magic words in that situation, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Southport, NC
153 posts, read 145,881 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
As for what the developer will sell or transfer ....
There are a number of commercial/business properties that border the plantation along 211 and Middleton Road that belong to the developer. They are not part of the plantation though they may fall under jurisdiction of the Town of SJ or Oak Island. No doubt the developer will improve and sell off these properties as they see fit.
State Port Pilot, Jan. 10, 2018, "St. James Center, a 139-acre commercial/multi-family project, is approved north of NC 211"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top