U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 08:56 AM

76 posts, read 91,445 times

Advertisements

Anyone have recommendations for lawn service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 12:05 PM

3,810 posts, read 9,765,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel79 View Post
Anyone have recommendations for lawn service?
Do you belong to our local Nextdoor? There are lots of recommendations from people who live in SJP.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:33 PM

153 posts, read 146,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Do you belong to our local Nextdoor? There are lots of recommendations from people who live in SJP.
Here's a link to the SJP community on Nextdoor. If you do not have an account yet, it will take a couple days to process your request.

https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/st...southport--nc/

Old 08-08-2019, 06:47 PM

332 posts, read 617,440 times
Does anyone know of when the community will be completely built out and only re-sale houses will be available?

Old 08-09-2019, 02:49 AM

30 posts, read 26,344 times
I have some round numbers from a POA meeting a month ago. Almost 4,000 homes are now built of the 5,100 total lots that are available. Basically, the 1,100 lots are all sold, either to property owners or builders as the developer is done selling lots. If you want to build new, you have to buy a lot from someone who has decided to pass on building or from a builder (ie. Logan Homes) who purchased a bunch of lots. As for complete build-out, there are many property owners who have owned a lot for a decade or two and have yet to build. They may have yet to retire, or will sell someday for an investment gain, or leave to their children as there was no requirement to build by a certain time. Some neighborhoods such as Cottage Lakes, built by Logan, have a two year max and then you must build. Hope this helps.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:56 PM

79 posts, read 99,734 times
padad1, One of the reasons my wife and I decided to buy and build in SJP is precisely for that reason: The development IS developed, over $100M in amenities are BUILT. Many developments have a pretty map and all kinds of ideas and hopes of what they will build in the future. SJP has them in existence.

We bought one of the last developer-owned lots. If your build horizon is in the near term, this is the place to be if you like the area. 81 holes of golf, full marina with dry stack, many restaurants, $4M new fitness center and pool, beautiful beach club with private parking, etc., etc.

I had one knowledgeable developer unaffiliated with SJP indicate that, simply put, no one could afford to build SJP starting with today's dollars and economic environment.

Good luck!

Steve

Old 08-10-2019, 06:12 AM

332 posts, read 617,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaper View Post
padad1, One of the reasons my wife and I decided to buy and build in SJP is precisely for that reason: The development IS developed, over $100M in amenities are BUILT. Many developments have a pretty map and all kinds of ideas and hopes of what they will build in the future. SJP has them in existence.

We bought one of the last developer-owned lots. If your build horizon is in the near term, this is the place to be if you like the area. 81 holes of golf, full marina with dry stack, many restaurants, $4M new fitness center and pool, beautiful beach club with private parking, etc., etc.

I had one knowledgeable developer unaffiliated with SJP indicate that, simply put, no one could afford to build SJP starting with today's dollars and economic environment.

Good luck!

Steve
Thanks Steve
We actually own a second home in Sea Trail down in Sunset Beach. While we love living here in the summer we know that it will not be our retirement home. We lead a very active lifestyle and love being involved in different groups so SJP looks like it will be a great fit. We are still "young" (very very early 40's) but will be retired in 10 years and want a place that can keep us involved in community and with like minded people. Golf is a big big part of our lives and I just worry that the golf portion might be a bit too much. Do you have any experience with the golf aspect of SJP? Also, do people drive golf carts around the community, because as trivial as it may seem, this is something I want to do when I'm retired

Old 08-10-2019, 07:01 AM

11,320 posts, read 19,944,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padad1 View Post
Also, do people drive golf carts around the community, because as trivial as it may seem, this is something I want to do when I'm retired
I had read in this post that driving golf carts on the street is not allowed in SJP. See NYSteve661's post:

Retirement

Old 08-10-2019, 09:05 AM

30 posts, read 26,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I had read in this post that driving golf carts on the street is not allowed in SJP. See NYSteve661's post:

Retirement
That is correct, no golf carts are allowed on the roads in SJP. With 80 miles of roads and currently about 4,000 homes occupied, I assume safety was the POA's reasoning to prevent car vs cart accidents. You can rent golf carts in downtown Southport and on Oak Island as many tourists do during summer season.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:54 AM

794 posts, read 1,645,778 times
Well, that is not exactly correct ...."street legal" golf carts are absolutely allowed on the roads in St James. Nobody actually does it but they are "allowed" as street legal vehicles. True, I have never seen one although I am sure "some" are in existence ..... the same way "street legal" golf carts are allowed on the streets down in Southport, registered license plates, insurance, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina