U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
dbl

4 posts, read 26,656 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the salary rages for nurses at the New Hanover Region Hospital in Wilmington.
Does anyone have any info on Seawatch at Sunset Harbor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 16,093 times
Exclamation Protests against St. James

Would you live in a town where there will be continual protests against its forced annexation policies for the next 5 years?

Where the people outside the gate hate your guts?

Glad I found out before i bought and moved to a gated community in the south of the county.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:32 PM

214 posts, read 717,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl View Post
Does anyone know the salary rages for nurses at the New Hanover Region Hospital in Wilmington.
Does anyone have any info on Seawatch at Sunset Harbor?
So glad you asked, it seems this forum has run amok, as to certain posters getting off track.
No, I don't know what salary ranges are for Nurses at NHRH, surely there are websites that can be explored.
As far as SeaWatch, my recommendation would be to stay away, and explore more well established communities.
need some assistance? Dm me.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:24 PM

169 posts, read 501,984 times
Default Try St. James

Forget the detractors, if you want a strong sense of community, a town that understands and embraces its identity, then St. James is the only choice within 500 miles (or more). I have lived here over five years and owned property here since 1997. I love Southport and Oak Island but when deciding where to live I chose St. James without reservation. After considering 38 different developments and towns on the east coast we entered St. James for the first time. I knew I was home. We didn't move here for the gates and the 24 hour security but for the shear beauty of the town and the warmth and friendliness of the people we met. If you want a tour let me know, I am not selling anything, just promoting the best coastal community on the planet because I live here and want everyone to discover what it offers.

PS: ignore ignorant posts by St. James haters who make up ridiculous rumors because they envy the St. James life style

Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 AM

116 posts, read 366,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDregs View Post
Forget the detractors, if you want a strong sense of community, a town that understands and embraces its identity, then St. James is the only choice within 500 miles (or more). I have lived here over five years and owned property here since 1997. I love Southport and Oak Island but when deciding where to live I chose St. James without reservation. After considering 38 different developments and towns on the east coast we entered St. James for the first time. I knew I was home. We didn't move here for the gates and the 24 hour security but for the shear beauty of the town and the warmth and friendliness of the people we met. If you want a tour let me know, I am not selling anything, just promoting the best coastal community on the planet because I live here and want everyone to discover what it offers.

PS: ignore ignorant posts by St. James haters who make up ridiculous rumors because they envy the St. James life style

I don't hate St. James, just want the person asking about the area to be informed. Don't know if you read the enclosed article in the Star News today but I think it tells a lot about the situation and what is going on behind "closed gates". There is a bad reputation about the development and justly so, its known comically to people in the area as St. Jersey, think we understand why. Especially when the people behind the gates tried to get permission from Walmart to shop before the store opens to the public so they wouldn't have to mix with the locals.
Demonstrators take on annexation laws | StarNewsOnline.com | Star News | Wilmington, NC

Old 08-30-2009, 11:50 AM

That is a nonsense Si Cantwell exposed that particular canard in an article he wrote about rumors and how they get started. There are many variations and I suppose I've heard them all. One time it's Lowes Next time It's Walmart. In some cases we supposedly wanted all day Wednesday for ourselves. At face value it doesn't hold water. First why would we want to shop by ourselves? What are we Elvis? Think about it. All of us have friends and acquaintances in both Southport and Oak Island, It a small minority that hold negative opinions about St. James and as Si Cantwell said best, it's all based on envy.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:51 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,863,626 times
If youhad to pick Winding River or St James, which would you pick and why??

Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 AM

Default St. James

Well, my bias is clear, I picked St. James for its strong sense of community, its friendly people, and its close proximity to Southport and Oak Island. I felt like I was home the first day I drove through the gate. To be fair, Winding River was never on my list, so I didn't really make a comparison. bill

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,863,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebythesea View Post
St James is nice, if you like golf. It is about 90% New Jersey/Connecticut transplants. Mostly retired. There is always some sort of "drama" going on behind the gates. Check out the local paper, stateportpilot.com for more information on the latest drama concerning the mayor of St James and a new proposed community center. I think you can get a much nicer home for the money elsewhere in the Southport/Oak Island area.
Do you have some suggested other communities as I am in early stages of planning my retirement and looking at options.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:50 PM

2,740 posts, read 6,980,251 times
I have found sites like this North Carolina Coast, Retirement and Active Adult Communities to be helpful.

There are several similar sites as well.

At least it is a starting place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina