U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 AM

794 posts, read 1,646,908 times

Advertisements

Billie, always happy to sponsor a fellow human being to a drink and some good chow.... AND if Leroy is proficient at the aforementioned car washing and lawn mowing.... I'm positive that in addition to the libations and victuals he would find his monetary compensation more than adequate..... always happy to see a fellow human make good..... although there may be an aversion on his part to setting foot in such a bastion of Northern transplants..... it may offend his sensibilities enough to completely forgo the opportunity.... that would be a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 10:28 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,977,389 times
Sorry to beat this puppy to death but i have the flu and maybe i'm having compherensive issues. Am i reading this right. If you pay the 30k for full active membership do you still pay for golf as you go or do you just pay for cart fees? So its a extra 5k to include the Reserve course in your membership, right?

Just wondering when you "pay as you go for golf" what does it cost for a round of golf with cart?

Any idea what he costs are for "in state and living in SJP"

i do apoligise for the questions but the medicine making me a little fuzzy this am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jportcity View Post
the main expense at st james is the initial membership deposit. i am a member since 2005. i live outside nc so i have what is called a signature social membership. the costs to me are $800 peryear for poa dues, and $1080 for annual membership. we have full use of of the fitness,swimming, dining,beach club,clubhouse,and other social failities at all the clubs which in our case includes the reserve club, because we are property owners in the reserve. we pay as we go for golf for which we get 10% discount on green fees. the membership deposit in te reserve was $30,000 for full active membership. don,t quote me but I think it is $25,000 for the other three clubs. so after the membership deposit the costs are not expensive for what you get in ammennities. it's best to buy a lot or home from an individual not a broker who has equitiy tword the membership deposit. you won,t be able to negotiate the commission or the membership deposit very well with the developer,conversly you stand a much better chance with an individual. the food minimum is new this year but still inexpensive. you probably would use it up eating out once a month.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 AM

Thumbs up The Facts!

Thanks Stoney. I guess if you plan on staying at St James till wifey orders the Pine Box the 15k is the way to go. 30k with 80% refund if you move away is a feature new to me. Once we move there i don't plan on moving again.

you da man!!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM

13 posts, read 31,957 times
biscman we pay $65 per round. sometimes the rates are a little cheaper in the afternoon. it's practical for us because we are only there every other month. the reserve is a private neighborhood within st james. so you have to be a property owner to play the course. the 5k more is because they feel everthing they offer in ammenities is more upscale which they are. the ammenities include all those i mentioned before (access to all the clubs,swimming, fitness,beach club, restaurants,etc, etc, at memders, players, and founders clubs) plus a 4th golf course and those extra ammenities the reserve offfers. so you can pick whichever plan you feel is right for you ounce you pay the membership fee. if you buy outside of the reserve the initial membership fee is cheaper but you still can play three courses plus share in all the other ammenities except those in the reserve. i hope this helps.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 AM

Smile Deal

Thanks Buddy

Not sure if you are aware but if you have a "Brunswick County" drivers license most courses give a 40-50% resident discount. Not sure if St James honors this practice

Old 02-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Biscy, this is unbelievable.... the knowledge that one aquires on this here internet thing is boundless . Between that drivers' license discount and sneaking the free stuff at the hotels in the mornings we'll be in hog heaven down there ! I don't know where to turn first.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 02-20-2011 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-20-2011, 12:12 PM

13 posts, read 31,957 times
great humor here, thanks. that info i posted was based on my experience in 2005 when we bought into the reserve, i was speaking to someone yesterday who said there have been some changes both to the membership buy in and the types of memberships. i will call down to st james the first part of the week and get the facts. by the way if what i heard was true it should be real positive for anyone contemplating moving there.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 PM

Yes, the economy has affected the plantations down there even more than up in NJ/NY, etc.... they have had to adjust their offerings a bit to stay competitive and attract new people in this down market.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:13 PM

56 posts, read 133,820 times
Does St. James waive the initiation fee for the golf course if you purchase the lot directly from them? I know other plantations are doing that to keep people from buying a resale lot

Old 02-20-2011, 03:16 PM

844 posts, read 2,688,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jportcity View Post
great humor here, thanks. that info i posted was based on my experience in 2005 when we bought into the reserve, i was speaking to someone yesterday who said there have been some changes both to the membership buy in and the types of memberships. i will call down to st james the first part of the week and get the facts. by the way if what i heard was true it should be real positive for anyone contemplating moving there.
Please see one of my previous posts in this thread; I note the buy-in costs, and I also have the membership costs in PDF, so anyone contact me and I'll email them to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina