U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2011, 03:10 PM

522 posts, read 711,892 times
Relax caco52+2..... the boss ( AKA Imelda ) has a walk-in closet just for shoes, it takes an hour or so just to dust the collection each week. At least one suitcase is just for shoes on each trip we take anywhere. I have stopped arguing about how many shoes are going..... the "discussions" now are about all the other stuff that fills up all the "other" suitcases. We now have to get a van to take us to the airport.... a town car cannot fit the luggage. As the driver inquired the last time he pulled up our driveway and saw the huge pile of luggage waiting on our back stoop ..... "are you guys leaving for good" ?

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 03-20-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 05:47 AM

612 posts, read 797,799 times
With the weather forcast for possible some snow showers on Wed maybe it is time to go and never come back. in the 80's today in NC!!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Well.... as I sit here looking out my window at the heavy, wet snow steadily falling and actually covering the ground and trees in white..... the boss reminds me that it is our last winter here and this is it's last hurrah...... that makes me feel a LITTLE bit better..... then I reminded her that it's supposed to rain on Thursday morning for departure from EWR, so now she is contemplating going back to bed and pulling up the covers ! Nice weather we're having !

Meanwhile..... Accuweather reports high 60's to low 70's all week at St James.... so I guess it all evens out.... maybe there IS hope.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 03-21-2011 at 07:20 AM..

Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Alrighty then..... the snowy, slushy stuff has stopped, giving me hope for the future. And below is a couple that were "boating" around and stopped for a bit at the St James marina.

Myrtle Beach | Moondance38′s Weblog

Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM

"the boss reminds me that it is our last winter here and this is it's last hurrah....."

I envy ya Stoney!!!!! You da man!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:51 AM

Biscy.... I am indeed the winner of life's lottery at this very moment !

Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM

169 posts, read 288,411 times
The week has been a Spring Fest here in St. James, the Mockingbirds are fighting over territory, but that has settled down and the winner is now singing his heart out for a mate. Two Bluebirds have adopted our Bluebird house and are building a nest. The Grackles haven't left yet, they usually migrate in spring. And some Ibis are still here in St. James. They usually arrive in October or November from their other habitat, the Green Swamp. I rode my bicycle Sunday, the weather was great. Building is picking up in the Reserve, Woodlands, and Seaside neighborhoods. We opened up the windows (in spite of the pine pollen) which made the cats happy. We are starting to eat meals in the Carolina Room which faces the 4th fairway of Players Club. I like having the golf course as an extension of my back yard especially this time of year. Of course living on a golf course has some drawbacks such as the incoming golf balls, but hey, we knew that when we bought our lot. That's why our house is brick. We will have Trivia Night for the first time in the new St. James community center. What a fabulous facility it is. We were over there hooking up my computers to be sure my score keeping spreadsheets would work on their network. Everything went off like clockwork. Guess we are getting together with Stony and the Boss, my treat this time. bill

Old 03-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Have a beer for me Boys.

Whatever happened to Le Roi??

Old 03-22-2011, 11:57 AM

I saw some pigeons as i was walking down Wall Street today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDregs View Post
The week has been a Spring Fest here in St. James, the Mockingbirds are fighting over territory, but that has settled down and the winner is now singing his heart out for a mate. Two Bluebirds have adopted our Bluebird house and are building a nest. The Grackles haven't left yet, they usually migrate in spring. And some Ibis are still here in St. James. They usually arrive in October or November from their other habitat, the Green Swamp. I rode my bicycle Sunday, the weather was great. Building is picking up in the Reserve, Woodlands, and Seaside neighborhoods. We opened up the windows (in spite of the pine pollen) which made the cats happy. We are starting to eat meals in the Carolina Room which faces the 4th fairway of Players Club. I like having the golf course as an extension of my back yard especially this time of year. Of course living on a golf course has some drawbacks such as the incoming golf balls, but hey, we knew that when we bought our lot. That's why our house is brick. We will have Trivia Night for the first time in the new St. James community center. What a fabulous facility it is. We were over there hooking up my computers to be sure my score keeping spreadsheets would work on their network. Everything went off like clockwork. Guess we are getting together with Stony and the Boss, my treat this time. bill

Old 03-22-2011, 01:57 PM

Biscy.... on Thursday evening right after we have a lovely dinner at the Live Oak Cafe on N. Howe Street, the commandant and I shall be traipsing our way over a few blocks to the new Irish Pub "Slaintes" in Southport, at which time I will be quaffing down an ice cold Guinness on tap specifically in your honor ..... if the commandant approves "and" is in a good mood ...... I might be able to make it two.

Live Oak Cafe - About us

Slainte Irish Pub, Southport, NC | Facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina