U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM

794 posts, read 1,646,529 times

Advertisements

Caco.... as we have spent several weeks for several years ( except last year ) in Stone Harbor...... I believe your lovely bride will be pleasantly surprised by the beach along Oak Island..... very deep and "quite" nice..... will be a' walkin' on it a a few weeks. While we're at it, Stone Harbor is of course very lovely and quite upscale but I found the lack of waterfront and / or waterview restaurants a bit disappointing.... not so in Southport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 01:56 PM

169 posts, read 520,491 times
If you visit soon you will see the stretch of beach in front of St. James Beach Club is clean as a whistle due to the 54 St. James volunteers that spent the morning scouring the beach to remove litter, seaweed, etc from 72nd to 73rd street. In spite of the heat the beach breeze was great.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM

78 posts, read 169,994 times
Default good info

We have been following all the blogs from stonecreek and others about st james.My wife and I just returned from a 5 day visit and it was even better than we hoped.We plan on moving into sjp by may.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Big Tim... that's very good news...... 11 days and counting.......

Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 PM

78 posts, read 169,994 times
Stonecreek

Lucky you.St. James is very nice and the people we meet there last week were even nicer.Everyone we met seemed to be very happy and we think we know why.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM

471 posts, read 491,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Big Tim... that's very good news...... 11 days and counting.......

I know that you have a busy week ahead of you, so I'd like to wish you a painless and happy move ! i hope that all goes well. a I also look forward to have a libation with you and the bride later this month!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:32 AM

Gene.... it has been, so far, a completely painless and stress free operation for us..... we are very fortunate in that respect. Only small ( relatively small ) clothing type packing and a few small boxes to do next week as we are in temporary, furnished digs for the past couple of months. We are trying to arrange a fireworks display at the marina for the nite you arrive, however we cannot be 100% sure that they will cooperate...... so barring the pyrotechnics, we still look forward to seeing you that evening, perhaps libations AND victuals will be in order. We are, of course, very excited about our entire situation.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 AM

907 posts, read 1,535,335 times
Stoney I believe I can see your tail lights as you leave NJ. I along with a few other posters on here are about 4-5 years behind you. It is my belief that we will see little upside to housing prices in St James over that time period. Keep us posted on what you hear down there on that issue. I will be passing through in Sept headed to Bald Head Island for a round of golf followed by a few rounds at Provisions. If you can come up with a better venue please do.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 AM

Default Housing Prices haven't changed much

But, there is a lot of new construction in our neighborhood (Players Club) and elsewhere around the town. We here on Bradford Circle are getting a new neighbor (very nice couple from Pennsylvania) and that will complete the circle. St. James has its own weather station now. Go to wunderground.com and look for St James.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Default Welcome

Stoney and wife are now here in St. James. Thanks for the Bag of NJ Bagels, sorry I was not home. We will get together soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina