U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-19-2011, 11:51 AM

813 posts, read 1,724,161 times

Advertisements

Stoney; thanks.

I did not equate all the clubs as a country club environment, but now I understand.

Please let me know about TT's when you get the chance. Since I retired, I've only been in shorts, blue jeans, sandals and boat shoes, tee shirts, and other casual type shirts; very casual and enjoying it
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 03:04 PM

169 posts, read 309,108 times
Default Dress code(s)

The club's dress code is collared shirts, shorts usually OK, no denim. Same goes for dress on the golf courses. That's pretty much traditional for golf course clubs and other private clubs where I've ever been a member. Tommy's is more relaxed. Like you I've been a shorts and t-shirt kind of guy. I stopped wearing ties about 1995 (even at work, unless I had a presentation to make), so I know what you mean. Now I have a bunch of golf shirts and a large collection of "golf" shorts and pants and only one tie and one suit (weddings and funerals). When are you coming down to visit? bill

Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 PM

544 posts, read 791,185 times
Marc, Tommy Thompsons is anything goes..... oncluding Denim.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:01 AM

813 posts, read 1,724,161 times
Thanks Stoney; I also got an email response from SJP: "st james has four full-service restaurants. two allow denim (members club and tommy thompsons) and two do not (reserve and players club). its exclusive because its a gated community and our clubs are private. nothing in the community is pretentious though."

That makes me fell a little better.

We're shooting to make a trip down sometime in late Sept- early Oct.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:28 AM

Denim at the Members club is news to me, but if that's what they said it's fine with me. I find, just as Crimsongdregs said, that it is just a very nice, upscale atmosphere everywhere we go in the Plantation..... with the grounds manicured to perfection, could not call it pretentious at all.... so far we are very pleased with everything here which is also how we find just about everyone we meet.

Went to the outdoor Caribbean Luau last evening at the new Seaside Club pool complex, a great affair, a packed house with a waiting list, they imported a Jamaican chef from somewhere who put out a fantastic buffet, the food, service and steel drum band were all tops, swimming, dancing and conversating were all in abundance with a great, steady breeze as the complex sits out in a large "field" surrounded by about a mile of nothing but nature. Once again we met a bunch of nice, down to earth people..... very pleased with everything so far.

Out looking at building lots again today.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 AM

43 posts, read 62,020 times
Default Attractions Book

Stonecreek, now that you are down here and settled in, be sure to purchase one of the 2012 local Attractions Books being sold by the Lion's Club. There are some great coupons in there, and several for the Southport area.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:48 AM

Coupons ??? Coupons ??? Did someone mention Coupons ????

Will have to look that stuff up.... definitely like discounts..... gracias.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:39 PM

78 posts, read 94,896 times
The Seaside pool complex is beautiful.Has anyone heard when they will be breaking ground for the Seaside fitness club and tennis courts?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 AM

They tell me that there are no plans for any more development of the Seaside complex at any time in the near future. The economy has a lot to do with it..... perhaps after the next election things will improve everywhere.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 PM

78 posts, read 94,896 times
Thank you for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina