U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 10:29 AM

794 posts, read 1,646,908 times

Advertisements

Dear poodlecamper.... when yer right, yer right ! My main man and good friend "TIMEY" is correct..... this time. Upon further investigation there is indeed an additional "condo fee" for maintenance, pool, etc.... above the $800 POA fee that everyone pays. As this proves I am but human, I sincerely apologize for the eroneous information.... I am happy that it has been corrected ! Now if we can only get the po' boy to retract and apologize for the ridiculous, prejudicial statements about Oak Island's guntoting, criminal population and it's inhabitants all being..... now what was that derogatory broadbrushed term he used repeatedly..... oh yes "Red Necks"..... then we could all sleep soundly tonight.

PS: I would like to take this opportunity once again to say that we all appreciate my mans' recent pictoral presentation...... although, as someone else said, I believe it missed its' intended mark..... instead, actually showing how nice it is over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM

720 posts, read 1,492,347 times
Thanks for the information-----good to know the condos have a sizeable full-time population.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:14 PM

15,165 posts, read 19,221,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Dear poodlecamper.... when yer right, yer right ! My main man and good friend "TIMEY" is correct..... this time. Upon further investigation there is indeed an additional "condo fee" for maintenance, pool, etc.... above the $800 POA fee that everyone pays.
Unless this specific condo operates differently than every other condo I've ever looked at or heard of, the building insurance is also included in that $300/month condo fee. That covers the exterior of the building, not the private owners contents inside the condo. Maintenance would include the gardening, upkeep of the grounds, pool, and exterior paint, roof repairs/replacement, etc.

BUT what does the $800/POA fee cover? I've never heard of a POA. (In AZ, we use the term HOA - homeowner's association - which applies to SFR's and covers maintenance of any of the common areas and, often, the roads inside the community).

In SJP - if one wants access to the clubhouse and Tommy Thompson's, but does not want to play golf, is an additional membership fee required?

Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM

No.... anyone can use the clubhouses and restaurants.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 AM

11,322 posts, read 19,956,901 times
Quote:
.. above the $800 POA fee that everyone pays.
I'm a newcomer around here. Is the POA $800 per year or per month? Does one pay the fee if one owns a lot, but has not built a house yet?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Goldenage1, the POA fee of $800 is a yearly fee.... it is paid on any property... a house, a condo, a vacant lot.

Tidbit time...... this past Tuesday, November 15th, was the last night for the Tiki Bar at Tommy Thompsons, the outdoor Tiki Bar is now closed for the season until the Middle of March. Tuesday night was a humungous party, "A Party of Two" was the live entertainment ( a much favored group ) and they rocked the marina..... it was standing room only on the deck, a good guestimate at 7 PM would be about 70 people. Food and drinks were a flowin' freely, the dance floor was packed and a jumpin', many a cigar was sparkied and the jocularity quotient was hovering at a high but sustainable level..... it was lovely weather, warmish, no breeze to speak of..... til about 8:30 pm, it started raining lightly and intermittantly but didn't stop anything, half hour later it started raining harder and the crowd thinned out but only by half, huddled under the umbrellas, the overhang of Tommy's and the overhang of the Tiki Bar, the crowd was undaunted.... the band was under a tent as was the dance floor so the party went on in the rain until after 10pm...... a nice sendoff for the winter..... the evening and afternoon gatherin' and drinkin' will be done inside Tommy's and at the tables on the deck ( weather permitting ) until the Tiki Bar re-opening in March.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 11-20-2011 at 08:48 AM..

Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 AM

383 posts, read 746,969 times
Golden, the POA is about $775 per year and landowners or homeowners pay the same amount. The $775 is paid semi annually.

Stone, Do you know if they will send out an invoice for the POA? I believe there is a semi-annual payment due in December, but I have not received an invoice and the welcome packet I received from SJP was not very informative. I hope to pick my builder next month and start building by March.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 AM

They told me that the POA invoice will be sent out by email unless a hard invoice by mail is requested, for which there is a small fee ( to discourage the practice ).

Old 11-20-2011, 11:10 AM

383 posts, read 746,969 times
Default Sjp poa

Thanks Stone. I will call the POA to make sure they have my email address.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 PM

15,165 posts, read 19,221,592 times
Quote:
Goldenage1, the POA fee of $800 is a yearly fee.... it is paid on any property... a house, a condo, a vacant lot.

Tidbit time...... this past Tuesday, November 15th, was the last night for the Tiki Bar at Tommy Thompsons, the outdoor Tiki Bar is now closed for the season until the Middle of March. Tuesday night was a humungous party, "A Party of Two" was the live entertainment ( a much favored group ) and they rocked the marina..... it was standing room only on the deck, a good guestimate at 7 PM would be about 70 people. Food and drinks were a flowin' freely, the dance floor was packed and a jumpin', many a cigar was sparkied and the jocularity quotient was hovering at a high but sustainable level..... it was lovely weather, warmish, no breeze to speak of..... til about 8:30 pm, it started raining lightly and intermittantly but didn't stop anything, half hour later it started raining harder and the crowd thinned out but only by half, huddled under the umbrellas, the overhang of Tommy's and the overhang of the Tiki Bar, the crowd was undaunted.... the band was under a tent as was the dance floor so the party went on in the rain until after 10pm...... a nice sendoff for the winter..... the evening and afternoon gatherin' and drinkin' will be done inside Tommy's and at the tables on the deck ( weather permitting ) until the Tiki Bar re-opening in March.
Sounds like my kind of crowd!

May I ask what some will probably consider a stupid question?

What is the price of a glass of house wine or a can of Bud Light at Tommy Thompson's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina