U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 03:16 PM

111 posts, read 208,836 times

Advertisements

No progress......

Ron W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 AM

68 posts, read 104,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
Stonecreek
Have you noticed any progress on the Lowes food store on the corner of Supply and Midway? When we were there last summer it looked like they were putting roads in.
Is that by Worms and Coffee? There is nothing happening near there from the looks of it.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Yes...

Ron W.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 PM

794 posts, read 1,647,576 times
OK..... more romance.... lovely day today, 74 degrees, so I gathered up the Stonette, our beach chairs, put the top down ( of course ) and headed overthe new bridge to Oak Island ( about 15 minutes ) to the SJP beach and set up shop on the beach along with a couple of dozen others..... sparked up a nice stogie in the breeze, had a cold drink sitting in the armrest cupholders of our recently purchased ( on sale ) beach chairs.... and watched the gulls diving for their lunch and a couple of dogs being exercised while we got some of that beautiful sun. About 90 minutes was all we could take of the sun so we headed back over the old bridge into Southport to gas up the jaloppi and stop at Lowes for some food supplies as we decided, quite un-charcteristically, to stay in tonight and eat at home. Unwillingly we are heading North to NJ next week for a few days over Christmas, luckily the weather report has no snow and actually fairly mild temperatures predicted over the holiday.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:22 PM

794 posts, read 1,647,576 times
So here's the good news..... 70 degrees again today, mostly overcast with a few sprinkles here and there...... got my requisite Christmas haircut this afternoon as we are venturing North tomorrow ( by air conveyance )for a few days over the holiday to visit friends and relatives..... happily it is neither snowing or freezing cold in NJ and not supposed to do either until after we return.

Now the bad news..... well, after much contemplation, there is no bad news.... the Stonette and I are both very fortunate to be healthy and very happy in our new environment here in St James in our first holiday season here.... with approximately a ton of newly acquired friends.

A safe and Merry Christmas to everybody !

Old 12-21-2011, 03:47 PM

720 posts, read 1,492,743 times
Merry Christmas to you also Stoney. Looks like a lot of rain coming our way in the northeast for the upcoming weekend. 40's to 50's daytime temps. Overcast almost every day hard to take.
15 monthes to retirement!
Carol in CT

Old 12-22-2011, 06:55 AM

50 posts, read 193,103 times
Thanks for your posts this year Stoney and to all of those who have shared info on St. James as well. Your stories describing life there are inspirational. We're continuing to keep the dream alive here in Virginia, hoping that one day we too will be your neighbors!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:44 AM

78 posts, read 170,045 times
I agree with VaVet.The information and experiences from everyone on this post along with our visit has sold us on SJP.This is my first week of retirement and our house here goes on the market after the holidays.Hope to join everyone down there soon.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 PM

383 posts, read 747,184 times
Look forward to seeing you all at SJP. I hope to start building in the first quarter of 2012.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
Stonecreek
Have you noticed any progress on the Lowes food store on the corner of Supply and Midway? When we were there last summer it looked like they were putting roads in.
If I read it right, an article in the State Port Pilot just mentioned that the owner of that property wants to subdive the property up which I am assume means no more Lowes Food Store.

Ron W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina