U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 02:55 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,976,647 times

Advertisements

Thanks Stoney. My buddy Bob Dixon, not sure if you have met him yet, told me the exact same thing the other day and was wondering if anyone else heard of some similar instances as well.
As i know you are from Westfiels NJ believe it or not it hit 62 degrees here today in the lovely Garden State. In January no less, kids have shorts on.
Crazy weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 04:59 PM

13 posts, read 31,948 times
Also I think they are going to build more Townhouses near the Marina....at least it looks that way...looks like the utilites are there to do so...also those models over the bridge in the wooodlands section suggests the develoer may be moving tword lower allowable square footage......

Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM

13 posts, read 31,948 times
The real value is in the resales.....that is if you can get the ladies to go along with that pitch...if you know what I mean

Old 01-11-2012, 04:55 PM

907 posts, read 1,534,999 times
Stoney, what is the deal with St James by the Sea. Is it part of the "Plantation" and are the homes around the beach club?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:57 PM

794 posts, read 1,646,166 times
"St James by the Sea" ???? No idea what you're talking about, never heard of that.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM

15,157 posts, read 19,210,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Informational-type update....

The developer has just cleared some acreage at the end of Moss Hammock Wynd, just past the new Seaside Houses on the way to the Seaside Club. On this acreage they are building some duplex-side by side units.... two units in each building so each unit is an "end" unit and so the outward appearance is more like a large single family residence..... about 1500 sq ft per unit starting at $225K...... so I am informed by the sales office staff.
I'm confused about what you are talking about. Are Townhouses two story (as they usually are where I live.? Lower square footage is attractive to many seniors - but not two stories.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM

794 posts, read 1,646,166 times
Do not let your brain hurt..... townhouses are townhouses everywhere..... there are to be duplex / side by side / two story townhouses mixed in with some single family units in the new neighborhood. The unit we are in right now is a two story townhouse ( connected to other units in groups of four ) ABOVE a single story condo unit..... our loft bedroom suit is really on the third floor... in St James there are also many existing condo buildings around that are three stories high ( no elevators ) and of course many, many two story single family homes.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:10 PM

907 posts, read 1,534,999 times
Stoney there are listings on the internet classified as homes that are referred to as St James by the Sea and I assumed thet were the homes near the beach club.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM

2,790 posts, read 7,377,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Stoney there are listings on the internet classified as homes that are referred to as St James by the Sea and I assumed thet were the homes near the beach club.
I, also, found these homes in St. James by the Sea-
North Carolina Real Estate for Sale Located in St. James By The Sea

They are on Oak Island and refer to the golf course, I, too, assumed they were part of the St. James community.

They are lovely.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 AM

65 posts, read 137,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Informational-type update....

The developer has just cleared some acreage at the end of Moss Hammock Wynd, just past the new Seaside Houses on the way to the Seaside Club. On this acreage they are building some duplex-side by side units.... two units in each building so each unit is an "end" unit and so the outward appearance is more like a large single family residence..... about 1500 sq ft per unit starting at $225K...... so I am informed by the sales office staff.
Stonecreek~ Do you find that alot of the condos anre frequently rented out by the week to vacationers, just wondering living year round in a condo, does it get noisy. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina