U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 05:38 AM

794 posts, read 1,646,166 times

Advertisements

No it's not noisey.... it's one of the most upscale and sedate places I've ever seen.... you should visit in person.

OK, got my bearings straight as to what you are asking..... regarding the advert about " St james by the Sea " on "oak Island".... don't know where the magazine got that info, there is no part of St James Plantation that is anywhere near Oak Island, simply not accurate information. The "beach club" they refer to is the new Seaside POOL Club ( called the Seaside Club ) just outside of the Reserve area inside St James Plantation off Moss Hammock Road..... very beachy by design with a zero entry pool, rest rooms and snack bar, quite nice..... a new excercise and tennis complex is planed next door. The confusion is that they are "calling" the small area of smaller homes near that pool complex.... "Seaside Village".... it is simpy a name the developers have attached to that new neighborhood of smaller homes, it is not near the actual Beach Club over on the beach on Oak Island which is miles away and not physically in St James at all. The better homes Real Estate advert that is linked to is simply false and not in any way accurate..... very misleading, the writers or salespeople obviously didn't communicate with eachother very well.

PS: BTW and in addition to..... now that I have poured sufficent amounts of caffeine laden beverage down my gullet..... the whole "beach" thing is marketing anyway.... the new pool complex is called the "Seaside Club" which is on "Oceanic Way" on the way to the newly opened exit / entrance onto Midway Road which leads to the real beaches on Oak Island. The new townhouse complex mentioned earlier is at the intersection of Mosshammock Wynd and "Oceanic Way" and is just down the street from the smaller homes of "Seaside Village".... which will no doubt be "named" something with a "beachy" cannotation..... all, I'm sure, to give the ambience of a beachy / shore type area.... which we are in.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 01-13-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 AM

166 posts, read 580,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach lover 2 View Post
Stonecreek~ Do you find that alot of the condos anre frequently rented out by the week to vacationers, just wondering living year round in a condo, does it get noisy. Thanks
I think it depends who you get renting around you. When we were looking in St. James we rented a condo two times. The first time was great. The second time we had people below us that drove us crazy with blasting radios, tv's etc. We also had someone in the lockout 1 bedroom attached to us the second time who we didn't even know was there until we ran into them on the way out one morning. I think it's the luck of the draw when people rent. We thought about a condo there for full time living but after our experience ruled it out.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:37 AM

907 posts, read 1,534,999 times
Waiting, did you end up down there any way and what location fit your specs if St James didn't?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:18 PM

166 posts, read 580,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Waiting, did you end up down there any way and what location fit your specs if St James didn't?
We loved St. James and it fit everthing we were looking for. If we were a little younger we would be there. The only problem was with my medical condition (heart) we decided we would have live with the fact that we needed to be closer to major hospitals. We purchased near Lake Norman just outside Charlotte. Not anywhere near the coast where I wanted to be but near great medical facilities.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 AM

65 posts, read 137,714 times
Bugs I know living in the south there are bugs, but does St James spray for them or do you have to have someone spray in your home. Are roaches a big problem also spiders? Not a big fan Thanks

Old 01-15-2012, 01:21 PM

169 posts, read 520,376 times
We have an exterminator come in quarterly to spray inside the house. It's not that expensive and it keeps us bug free. We also have a large colony of Anoles (small green lizards) that live in and around the house. They are efficient bug catchers as are the tree frogs that are quite abundant here.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM

11,320 posts, read 19,948,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach lover 2 View Post
does St James spray for them or do you have to have someone spray in your home.
The biggest problem in this area is mosquitoes. I don't know if St. James sprays for them or the county does. If you have to do it yourself, it has to be repeated every three weeks, or it is unbearable to be outside.

BTW, anoles are cool!

Old 01-15-2012, 02:00 PM

65 posts, read 137,714 times
Thanks Crimson and goldenage~ Love those little lizards,as long as we don`t have those big roaches and spiders, we are go to go,can`t wait to get down there, very cold up north

Old 01-15-2012, 06:02 PM

720 posts, read 1,491,842 times
In SW CT, it's "12 degrees, feels like -3". So cold it hurts.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 PM

720 posts, read 1,491,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
I, also, found these homes in St. James by the Sea-
North Carolina Real Estate for Sale Located in St. James By The Sea

They are on Oak Island and refer to the golf course, I, too, assumed they were part of the St. James community.

They are lovely.
I checked these listings--one says the HOA dues are cancelled for this year--but pool fees are $420.00---also mentions 71 St---which IS an actual street on Oak Island----yet these listings seem like a mish mash of information that just doesn't jibe. Strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina