Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 PM

17 posts, read 40,274 times

Advertisements

PP...sorry I missed ya'll. Was in SJP on this Tuesday meeting with builder and drove by your place....looking good! We should start building about the time you are moving in. IBB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Hi Isle,

Looking forward to having you as my neighbor. I bumped into many people on this blog during my visit, and if they are a true representation of the SJP community, we are going to have a great time and be very happy.

Regards,

Pony

Old 04-15-2013, 06:40 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
My hopes and prayer go out to the people of Boston and my SJP friends with ties to that great city.

Stay Strong.

Pony.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
st. james is a typical subdivision with poorly built cookie cutter homes in the middle of nowhere.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Well the only polite response to that is ... balderdash !

St James has over 2500 units built to date and ONE small section, Regency Park with about 100 homes have very similar looks.... the rest of the place, well, you will have to go a long way to find two houses that look anything alike on a street in the rest of the entire plantation.... they are QUITE strict about it.

PS: As far as being poorly built.... upwards of 90% of the homes have been built by individual homeowners, not the developer, these individual homeowners have contracted with over 50 different builders thoughout the years and the quality of construction and materials used are up to that individual homeowner.... unlike many of the surrounding plantations that either build the house and sell it or restrict your choice of builders to their own list.

But why confuse the issue with facts.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 04-16-2013 at 08:05 AM..

Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM

858 posts, read 2,992,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
st. james is a typical subdivision with poorly built cookie cutter homes in the middle of nowhere.
And of course you have some facts to back up your claims? Would you mind sharing them with us?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Well the only polite response to that is ... balderdash !

St James has over 2500 units built to date and ONE small section, Regency Park with about 100 homes have very similar looks.... the rest of the place, well, you will have to go a long way to find two houses that look anything alike on a street in the rest of the entire plantation.... they are QUITE strict about it.

PS: As far as being poorly built.... upwards of 90% of the homes have been built by individual homeowners, not the developer, these individual homeowners have contracted with over 50 different builders thoughout the years and the quality of construction and materials used are up to that individual homeowner.... unlike many of the surrounding plantations that either build the house and sell it or restrict your choice of builders to their own list.

But why confuse the issue with facts.
I worked in construction when I lived there. I put up probably 5000 houses during the boom in brunswick county. 99% of all new homes built are poorly built. they are all prefab, and snapped together by laborers. sorry if you don't like the facts. this isn't specific to st. james. do you know why the older homes in wilmington are still standing? because they were built by craftsmen, and people who knew their trades. so yes, st. james is a generic subdivision of poorly built cookie cutter homes.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
And of course you have some facts to back up your claims? Would you mind sharing them with us?
what needs "backing up?" I laid out the homes and saw the quality of laborer who built them. you're right though, it's not in the middle of nowhere. is that bait shop still there? worms n stuff? there is also wal mart 15 minutes away, and a golden corral up the road. it's a regular metropolis. why is everyone so defensive of this generic subdivision? especially people who aren't from there?

Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Now who can argue with logic like that.... the gentleman was a construction worker years ago... yep, that'll do it for me ! What a dump.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM

158 posts, read 345,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Now who can argue with logic like that.... the gentleman was a construction worker years ago... yep, that'll do it for me ! What a dump.
I personally have a great deal of respect for the industry and those who choose to earn their living as construction workers. The construction crews that have built the homes in SJP know exactly what is behind the walls and within the foundation of these structures. I would honor their opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina