Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,368 times

Advertisements

looking to purchase a home in Raleigh NC. my husband will be commuting back and fourth to rocky mt. for work.. were looking for city life great schools and neighborhoods.. I've been looking in the southeast area but I've heard some of that area is bad. Are there any good areas in southeast Raleigh? or is it all bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:14 AM

150 posts, read 227,266 times
Why not somewhere like Zebulon? Knightdale is good as well but a little further.

The problem with southeast Raleigh is traffic gets really backed up on 40. So actually north east off of 540 would be an easier commute.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:01 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
If I were you I would be thinking seriously about north of Raleigh. Wake Forest, Youngsville, Bunn, Rolesville, maybe even Louisberg or Franklin. These areas have been growing steadily for the past 30 years. Property values continue to increase. Tucked away in country settings you can find very nice communities with homes in almost any price rage including million dollar+ homes. The rural roads from these areas are less congested/traveled than major arteries in Raleigh. You can travel 30 miles in 30 minutes on a many of the rural roads where it will take you 30 minutes to go 5 miles in town. As far as city life, Raleigh can be congested and a pain to navigate. North Raleigh has pretty much anything you want and is about 30 minutes from any of these towns. Central, South and West Raleigh may be a 45-60 drive depending on traffic/time of day but very doable during the evening for city events, downtown restaurants etc. The drive to Rocky Mount would not be bad because you would miss most of the heavy traffic by not going into town at all.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:34 AM

275 posts, read 330,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfkidd View Post
Why not somewhere like Zebulon? Knightdale is good as well but a little further.

The problem with southeast Raleigh is traffic gets really backed up on 40. So actually north east off of 540 would be an easier commute.
This. I would consider either Zebulon or Wendell if I want to live near Raleigh. There is some new construction homes off Wendell Falls Blvd literally 2 mins. from US-64 It will be about a 40 min. commute if your willing to do that. Schools, while not as good as the rest of Wake County, are better than schools in eastern nc.

I would also consider living in Wilson. It's about 20 mins south of Rocky Mount and it has some good neighborhoods (especially off Forest Hill Drive). I would take a serious look there before I commit to Wake County. I dunno how the schools are in Wilson County so something like greatschools can tell you better than I can.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:11 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
I would also consider living in Wilson. It's about 20 mins south of Rocky Mount and it has some good neighborhoods (especially off Forest Hill Drive). I would take a serious look there before I commit to Wake County. I dunno how the schools are in Wilson County so something like greatschools can tell you better than I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina