Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 01:29 PM

24 posts, read 24,950 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I have been doing a lot of research on our possible relocation to the coastal NC area. We are interested in a family friendly community with semi private/private lots and from my research it looks like Eagles Watch in Hampstead might fit the bill. I would love any info from someone familiar with the area. Any other communities I should check out? Only other criteria would be good schools. Budget under $450k
Thanks so much. The info and advice given on this board is beyond helpful!

Last edited by Cvone832; 05-19-2016 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 07:05 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvone832 View Post
We are interested in a family friendly community with semi private/private lots and from my research it looks like Eagles Watch in Hampstead might fit the bill. I would love any info from someone familiar with the area. Any other communities I should check out? Only other criteria would be good schools. Budget under $450k
I also think Eagles Watch is very desirable, but I have not been inside because it is gated and is posted with signs. You certainly should get privacy. The houses are large enough for numerous kids, so I would expect to see many kids.

We live in Mimosa Bay, which has some of the same builders. The houses in Eagles Watch cost about $40K more than ours did. They are decent quality production-built homes. You should not expect custom quality.

We are retired, so schools were not a concern. However, the Hampstead/Surf City schools are excellent. You might also check out Whitebridge, which features 2+ acre lots, and allows horses.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:15 AM

Great thank you for your input! I really appreciate it

Old 05-20-2016, 08:33 AM

I noticed that Sydes Construction is the builder of many of the current listings in Eagles Watch. Since their usual market is a low-budget, starter house, I would have the house carefully inspected before committing.

We have an H&H Homes house, and they built many of the homes between 2010 and 2013 in Eagles Watch. We have been generally satisfied. Naturally one does not get top-quality flooring or cabinets in a production-built home, but they are big.

Last edited by goldenage1; 05-20-2016 at 08:54 AM..

Old 05-21-2016, 03:52 PM

I noticed that too. Riptide was a builder there too and I don't know much about them, but their work and general appearance was more to my liking then the current builder.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvone832 View Post
I noticed that too. Riptide was a builder there too and I don't know much about them, but their work and general appearance was more to my liking then the current builder.
I also like Riptide as a builder. They pay a lot of attention to details like molding and trim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina