Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 12:34 PM

734 posts, read 920,400 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a 55 Plus or 62 Communities? Would love to find a senior community with an elevator.

Would like for it to be around the Wilmington area.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 12:46 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb29456 View Post
Anyone know of a 55 Plus or 62 Communities? Would love to find a senior community with an elevator.

Would like for it to be around the Wilmington area.
I am assuming you do not need an assisted living community or an expensive "independent living" place. There are condo buildings with elevators, and one-story townhouse condos. A Realtor can help you find them.

There is one rental place, Lake Ridge Commons, listed as "age-restricted" and low-income. I will let you determine whether it is suitable: http://excelpropertymanagement.com/i...D/45/index.htm

I have looked into some of them. The Bella Serra Villas are on the expensive side. Otherwise, single story townhomes include Merestone, Willoughby Park, Carleton Place and several others. The Village at Mayfaire is a luxury 3-story building, but not sure it has elevators, but the Realtor could help you find a ground floor unit.

There are numerous elevator buildings in the communities on or near the beaches, such as Southport and Carolina Beach. The year-round residents are often seniors, but the buildings are not age-restricted.

Another rental place with the same ownership as Lake Ridge Commons is Sunset Creek in Sunset Beach, supposed to open in May, 2016: http://excelpropertymanagement.com/i...D/89/index.htm

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-19-2016 at 01:32 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 02:08 PM

149 posts, read 596,503 times
A 55 and over community is in the process of being built at Compass Pointe. Compass
Pointe is a gated community in Leland (near Wilmington) which does not have an age restriction. The new 55 plus section will be a community within a community with its own amenities. They have just started work on this community so it will probably be a few months before homes will be ready to be livid in.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_d_bear View Post
A 55 and over community is in the process of being built at Compass Pointe. Compass Pointe is a gated community in Leland (near Wilmington) which does not have an age restriction. The new 55 plus section will be a community within a community with its own amenities.
Thanks. I downloaded the marketing package. Hagood Homes is building 1.5 story homes starting around $400,000. They are called the Pointe Club Cabana Collection. However, it sounded like the OP was looking for a condominium with an elevator.

The biggest advantage of this 55+ community is not having to share the pool with kids. I assume that visiting grandkids would be welcome at CP's other pool.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
I am pretty sure the first phase of development in River Lights is a 55 and over community, which is actually in the Wilmington City Limits.

I thought someone had mentioned Motts Landing (near River Lights) as being 55 and over.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I thought someone had mentioned Motts Landing (near River Lights) as being 55 and over.
The Motts Landing people advertise as "retirement smart", but not age-restricted. They are single family homes, starting in the $360K range.

One place the OP could look at are the elevator condos on Marsh Grove Road in Southport. Called The Preserve at Oak Island, they are in the $250K range for 2-bedroom units. I believe many year-round residents are seniors, and they seem to have an active social club, based on the pictures here: http://www.thepreserveoki.com/community.html

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-11-2016 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-16-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
The Motts Landing people advertise as "retirement smart", but not age-restricted. They are single family homes, starting in the $360K range.
I was mistaken. The Village at Motts Landing is described as "for retired and semi-retired" active adults. Their houses start in the low $300K range. new homes, new home communities in wilmington nc, carolina beach nc area

Sunset Ridge in Ocean Isle Beach is described by one source as a 55+ community. I can't confirm that, but the HOA does provide landscaping and lawncare. The builder is Bill Clark Homes, and prices start in the low $200K range. They are all single-story or 1 and 1/2 story floorplans.

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-16-2016 at 08:48 AM..

Old 07-16-2016, 04:37 PM

23 posts, read 28,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Sunset Ridge in Ocean Isle Beach is described by one source as a 55+ community. I can't confirm that, but the HOA does provide landscaping and lawncare. The builder is Bill Clark Homes, and prices start in the low $200K range. They are all single-story or 1 and 1/2 story floorplans.
We know several people who live in Sunset Ridge under 50. I don't believe it is a 55+ community. Although I believe many retirees that do live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina