Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 09:07 PM

713 posts, read 3,929,327 times

Advertisements

As the weather gets warmer, events become more frequent along the Crystal Coast.

I often suggest that people come visit during the off season before deciding to get serious about moving. It is easier to visualize yourself living in a place when the area isn't full of tourists.

These two events are a great excuse to come to the beach and really enjoy yourself and check out the area.

Both events are on the same day, March 15, 2008.

The first is the Emerald Isle Saint Patrick's Day Festival. Details can be found at the Emerald Isle website. The Emerald Isle event is free and runs from 9am to 5pm.

This is a link to pictures that I took at last year's event.

It was a little cool that day. This year has been warmer, but March is not the most predictable month.

The second event is the annual Swansboro Rotary Club Oyster Roast. Since it is a fund raiser, you have to pay for those tickets. It runs from 5-8pm and more details are on the club's website.

I wrote a post, The Swansboro Oyster Roast and Cotillion, last year about my experience as a newcomer. The post has a link to some pictures of the event.

The Oyster Roast was great fun, as was the Emerald Isle event.

You have to pace yourself if you go to both events, because there is a lot of great food.

If you want to meet some local people and ask questions, this is a great time to do it.

There are some links to area accommodations in my EI Travel guide (http://coastalnc.org/emeraldislenctravelguidecd - broken link).

There is plenty of great scenery even this time of year. This was the sunset out near the Point at Emerald Isle this afternoon.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:21 PM

217 posts, read 1,117,634 times
dsobotta...I think many people enjoy your posts. They are very informative. Keep them coming!
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina