U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2016, 06:57 AM

7 posts, read 5,540 times

Advertisements

Thinking about relocating to Wrightsville /Wilmington and was wondering if there is a music scene there. I'm a musician and enjoy a variety of music genres. Punk, metal, hard rock, industrial etc.. Art or theater ?

I'm currently in Myrtle Beach and it is absolutely redneck to say the least
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 09:55 AM

11,251 posts, read 19,777,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy D View Post
Thinking about relocating to Wrightsville /Wilmington and was wondering if there is a music scene there. I'm a musician and enjoy a variety of music genres. Punk, metal, hard rock, industrial etc.. Art or theater ?

I'm currently in Myrtle Beach and it is absolutely redneck to say the least
Check the WhatsOnWilmington website. There was an "alternative rock/folk" music group at the Flytrap Brewing Company in the Brooklyn Arts District. For example: Wilmington NC Live Music: Eric Sommer - Music - What's on Wilmington

I don't think Wilmington is redneck at all. It is not really a beach town. You can find classical music, jazz, live theater, etc. I wouldn't recognize good "alternative rock", so I can't recommend clubs. However, I believe you would have better choices than in Myrtle Beach.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:42 PM

Thanx for he info. I will look at the link you posted. I'm happy to hear that there is jazz and theater

Old 08-22-2016, 07:19 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,435,590 times
Encore is a good source of arts/music information: | "Your Alternative Weekly Voice"

A couple of specific music venues:

Brooklyn Arts Center: Concerts, Weddings, Events in Wilmington, NC :: The Brooklyn Arts Center at St. Andrews, Wilmington, NC
The Throne Theater: The Throne Theater

Another venue:

Thalian Hall: Home - Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts - Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts

NC Jazz Festival is held in Wilmington: North Carolina Jazz Festival - Wilmington NC - Traditional Jazz Music Festival held in Wilmington , North Carolina

Cape Fear Jazz Society: Main - Cape Fear Jazz Society - Wilmington NC jazz musicians and events

Old 08-22-2016, 01:01 PM

33 posts, read 32,108 times
Wilmington has a pretty decent music scene actually, by far the best music scene east of Raleigh, or anywhere on the coast of NC.

The Throne Theater (Formerly Ziggy's By The Sea)
Wide variety of rock from alternative stuff to metal, mainly national acts, capacity of 750.
Calendar | The Throne Theater

Greenfield Lake Amphitheater
Larger touring acts capacity 1200
Concert & Event Schedule, Greenfield Lake Amphitheater Wilmington

The Whiskey
Smaller dive bar type vibe capacity around 100
Prob your best bet for alternative type rock stuff.
HOME

Patch's Pub
Biker Bar type vibe mostly original acts all styles not sure on capacity
https://www.facebook.com/patchspub/

Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIBeachBum View Post
Wilmington has a pretty decent music scene actually, by far the best music scene east of Raleigh, or anywhere on the coast of NC.

The Throne Theater (Formerly Ziggy's By The Sea)
Wide variety of rock from alternative stuff to metal, mainly national acts, capacity of 750.
Calendar | The Throne Theater

Greenfield Lake Amphitheater
Larger touring acts capacity 1200
Concert & Event Schedule, Greenfield Lake Amphitheater Wilmington

The Whiskey
Smaller dive bar type vibe capacity around 100
Prob your best bet for alternative type rock stuff.
HOME

Patch's Pub
Biker Bar type vibe mostly original acts all styles not sure on capacity
https://www.facebook.com/patchspub/
Perfect !!!! All the info I needed and some Thanx

Old 08-22-2016, 02:12 PM

33 posts, read 32,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy D View Post
Perfect !!!! All the info I needed and some Thanx
No problem glad to help... I'm a musician as well and played in local groups for years around NC & surrounding states. These would be the first ones I would take a look at. I'm sure there are also some small beach bars on the various beaches surrounding the Wilmington area with various types of music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or