U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,116 times

Advertisements

I received a ticket on I-40 last weekend and I've never gotten a ticket before so I'm a little confused. There is no ticket price on my citation or on the nc courts website, there is only a court date.

Did I get an actual ticket or just a warning citation? And if this is an actual ticket then why is there no price for me to pay the ticket off?

I'm aware that in NC for tickets over 15mph you have to show up in court, but with mine being only 14mph I'm confused as to why I do not have an option to just pay the fine.

If anyone has any information please let me know!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:04 AM

784 posts, read 1,633,880 times
Invariably, on the back of the ticket there is a number to call that will answer your questions.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,116 times
That's what I would've thought but the back of my ticket is blank. There's nothing on the other side.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:11 AM

784 posts, read 1,633,880 times
Very unusual .... if that is the case then nobody here can help you, you need to contact the court where your "court date" is.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:39 PM

98 posts, read 77,533 times
My wife got a ticket in wilmington. Has a cost with all the breakdowns on it. She was doing 42 in a 25. The speeding didn't cost alot just the add-ons and taxes. Its around $245. If your paper isn't showing anything I'd call every phone number on it till I got an answer. Or call the dept that pulled you over and give them the ticket number.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:21 PM

192 posts, read 162,576 times
Back was blank? Very curious. Was the officer in a marked car and in uniform?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:32 AM

9 posts, read 8,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klm0427 View Post
I received a ticket on I-40 last weekend and I've never gotten a ticket before so I'm a little confused. There is no ticket price on my citation or on the nc courts website, there is only a court date.
Scour the ticket and make sure you don't see anything else besides a court date. Should be a notation on there advising that you MUST go to court...it should literally say "MUST" or "REQUIRED"...look hard

Quote:
Did I get an actual ticket or just a warning citation? And if this is an actual ticket then why is there no price for me to pay the ticket off?
White paper ticket like that from a printer = Citation or Warning, the bottom of the citation will say "You Must appear in District Court" if it is mandatory that you goto court. Otherwise you should see a box with the Ticket fee + Court fees and instructions on how to pay it. Most common form of Citation and/or Warning

Pink paper carbon copy with handwriting = Citation ticket only, read back and look for checkbox that will say court is mandatory or not. Old style of citation, not used as much

Yellow thick paper with handwriting = Warning ticket only...put it on your fridge to remind you to slow down. Old style of warning ticket, not used as much.

Quote:
I'm aware that in NC for tickets over 15mph you have to show up in court, but with mine being only 14mph I'm confused as to why I do not have an option to just pay the fine.
There are several traffic charges that require your appearance in court in lieu of a fine. I'm not sure you actually know what you were charged with. One second you're saying you received a ticket for 14 mph over the limit, the next second you're not sure if its a warning or not. You should have listened to the officer when they spoke to you and told you what type of enforcement action they were taking on you. I see a trend forming here with your inability to pay attention in general e.g. your speed when you drive, what the officer actually TOLD YOU, what is written on the ticket, etc..

Quote:
If anyone has any information please let me know!
Thanks
If you STILL can't figure it out, then call the Clerk of Court in your county or hell even the District Attorneys office and they can assist you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or