U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 AM

422 posts, read 1,232,253 times

Advertisements

Hello -- I am in the Wilmington area right now, looking around before my job interview about possibly relocating. I am interested in living in the Carolina Beach area and keep seeing Charter cable/internet services. Is that the only service available or is Time Warner here also?? How is Charter services?? Do they show Bravo TV channel?? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
I have time warner but I live in the city. I don't know too much about charter. I am sure if you go to their website, you can find out if they service carolina beach and you can see what stations they carry.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 AM

217 posts, read 1,031,722 times
My mother lives towards Carolina Beach and I believe that Charter is the only option. They use Charter for their basic cable and internet. I don't think the digital phone is available for them yet (at least where they are). I don't think they have too many complaints w/them. Not sure about the channels. I'm sure they get all of the "regular" channels such as Bravo;-)

Old 03-06-2008, 01:50 PM

83 posts, read 332,938 times
Good luck getting Charter. When I first moved here I begged them daily to come out and take my money...cable...internet service the whole bundle. After four weeks I gave up and went with DirecTV and BellSouth DSL. Three months later Charter shows up knocking on my door...we are here to install your cable. What a joke. They don't even have an office around here...everything is done by phone.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:15 PM

422 posts, read 1,232,253 times
Thank you all for your input. I will definitely check out their website. I was told that Charter is the cable company in Carolina Beach unless you go with satellite. I was told by 1 property owner that they prefer satellite for TV b/c they have had poor service with Charter for cable.. but internet that was the way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina