U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 07:59 AM

261 posts, read 670,336 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

I will be heading down to Corolla this July with my family -- 7 adults and 4 children ages 4, 3, 1 and 3 months.

Any suggestions on what to do?

What are the best kid-friendly restaurants? What are the best activities to do?

Any advice is appreciate.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 05:04 PM

3 posts, read 3,355 times
You might want to check out this other discussion forum: Outer Banks Message Board | OBX Connection Forum It's all about the Outer Banks of North Carolina and there are many very helpful members.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:59 AM

219 posts, read 164,243 times
Corolla has the following attractions:

-beaches (of course)
-Timbuk 2 Shopping area with plenty of shops and eateries
-Timbuk 2 also has go carts
-Currituck Adventure Park is in Corolla, lots of climbing obstacle stuff
-Currituck Lighthouse and surrounding park
-Wild Horse tours launch from Corolla and go up into Carova on the beach in big trucks

I'm not as familiar with the dining options there, check tripadvisor, yelp.

Down the road in Duck there are more shopping and dining options. And of course further down in Kitty Hawk, KDH and Nags Head there's even more.

Visiting the lighthouses is always interesting (Bodie and Hatteras). Other activities available up and down OBX include sailing, jetski rental, paddle board rental, kayak rentals and tours.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:52 PM

3,256 posts, read 2,315,471 times
I agree on the OXB Connection. Lots of information on there. If the adults are fishing, remember you will need a license fishing from the surf, but not on the piers. From Corolla, that time of year, on the road north, traffic can be brutal. Watch out for bikers and people crossing and walking the road. Every summer there are people killed on that road. Im from just over the bridge on the mainland. Lots to do there. Have a good time.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:58 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I agree on the OXB Connection. Lots of information on there. If the adults are fishing, remember you will need a license fishing from the surf, but not on the piers. From Corolla, that time of year, on the road north, traffic can be brutal. Watch out for bikers and people crossing and walking the road. Every summer there are people killed on that road. Im from just over the bridge on the mainland. Lots to do there. Have a good time.
Isn't the closest fishing pier to Corolla all the way down at Kill Devil Hills?

Old 04-17-2017, 01:10 PM

Yes. Its Jennette's pier. I havent been there in a while. I think they have remodeled it some. A correction. The traffic I mentioned is the road South from Corolla. But all along there its dangerous.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:12 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Yes. Its Jennette's pier. I havent been there in a while. I think they have remodeled it some.
Avalon Pier is in Kill Devil Hills; Jeanette's is even further away from Corolla in Nags Head. I doubt the OP is interested in driving 40 minutes to the pier in KDH, much less an hour To Jeanette's.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I doubt the OP is interested in driving 40 minutes to the pier in KDH.
I doubt it too with so many little ones. I did fish the pier a few times. Mostly I surfed fished the beaches. And now if you drive on the beach, you will need a permit for that. No more for rides so to speak.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:48 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,352,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus282 View Post
Hi All!

I will be heading down to Corolla this July with my family -- 7 adults and 4 children ages 4, 3, 1 and 3 months.

Any suggestions on what to do?

What are the best kid-friendly restaurants? What are the best activities to do?

Any advice is appreciate.

Thanks!
Take a trip to Jockeys Ridge State Park to wear them fully out...and you can do that on the way back from the Aquarium in Manteo. That's a good day trip...lots of restaurants along the way.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:51 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,368,855 times
We go every summer and are in the process of buying a home there. LOVE it! I have 10 year old twins and here is what we like to do:

* Jet Ski
*Climb the lighthouse
*Shop at Timbuck 2 (Ice cream at Big Bucks, pizza at Giant Slice)
*Ride on the beach and look for the wild horses
*Golf / mini golf
*There is also an adventure park
*Chill on the beach
*Volleyball

We have a great time. There is also a movie theatre for rainy days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina