U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM

6 posts, read 7,811 times

Advertisements

Coming from Connecticut and looking in the Carolinas. Coastal NC looks beautiful. Southport NC looks very nice. Open to 'communities' and non-communities. Price range $200,000 to $250,000. Would like a house vs. a condo (I think). I'm looking for any ideas and suggestions from others on how you went about researching areas and if you have any suggestions of one area over another. We don't want to be too far from restaurants & shops but yet we don't want a big town/city or resort area either. Thanks for any information you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 03:43 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,335,442 times
A little further south (from SJP) you could look at neighbourhoods like The Farm (newer) and Carolina Shores (older) in Calabash or Sunset Ridge in OIB (very new).
I believe these neighbourhoods have homes in your price range and are closer to Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach.
North Myrtle Beach is about 20 minutes away and has quite a bit of shopping.
Good luck with your search!

Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM

6 posts, read 7,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
A little further south (from SJP) you could look at neighbourhoods like The Farm (newer) and Carolina Shores (older) in Calabash or Sunset Ridge in OIB (very new).
I believe these neighbourhoods have homes in your price range and are closer to Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach.
North Myrtle Beach is about 20 minutes away and has quite a bit of shopping.
Good luck with your search!

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:11 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,749,431 times
A key component in your retirement planning should be medical. It's been awhile since I have lived in Brunswick County, but back then medical was not its claim to fame. Just something to consider.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:32 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,443,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
A key component in your retirement planning should be medical. It's been awhile since I have lived in Brunswick County, but back then medical was not its claim to fame. Just something to consider.
Novant Health has a fairly new hospital in Brunswick County that is excellent. Brunswick County is the fastest growing county in NC, largely due to retirees. That wouldn't be happening unless quality medical care was available.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:37 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,443,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfield View Post
Coming from Connecticut and looking in the Carolinas. Coastal NC looks beautiful. Southport NC looks very nice. Open to 'communities' and non-communities. Price range $200,000 to $250,000. Would like a house vs. a condo (I think). I'm looking for any ideas and suggestions from others on how you went about researching areas and if you have any suggestions of one area over another. We don't want to be too far from restaurants & shops but yet we don't want a big town/city or resort area either. Thanks for any information you can offer.
Your budget is a little low for a house in Southport, although I do know of a small 2 br house in the historic area that is about to come on the market in your price range. You may be able to find something in your price range in Oak Island. Boiling Spring Lakes is very affordable, although its a 10 minute drive to Southport and 20 minutes to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or