U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 01:05 PM

213 posts, read 133,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade51 View Post
Take advantage of the "discovery packages" that each of these have. We did, and there was no pressure at all. The smart ones put you up in their own "cottages" to give you a real feel of living there.

Get your own realtor to represent you as a buyer, it doesn't cost a thing. Again, no pressure to make a decision. We had a great realtor who set up viewings of new & used houses and empty lots of land. She even took an afternoon to drive us all around Wilmington to show us the sights.

Happy hunting.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 07:50 AM

9 posts, read 13,020 times
Slade 51 can I ask which realtor you used and if you ended up buying and where? We are starting our search also.

thanks in advance.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:25 PM

don't have realtor yet as just in the beginning of narrowing down areas.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ndcc View Post
Slade 51 can I ask which realtor you used and if you ended up buying and where? We are starting our search also.

thanks in advance.
Don't have realtor yet as we have time to research and narrow it down. Let me know how your search is going.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
What do you mean by "active adult communities"? 55 and over developments?
Just ones that are social and have things for the community for all ages where neighbors know it other etc. Being new to the area we don't want to be in a community that everyone stays to themselves or are very reluctant to welcome newcomers.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
There are literally too many to even mention...St. James, Magnolia Greens, Brunswick Forest, Ocean Ridge and more in Brunswick; River Lights and The Village at Mott's Landing in Wilmington.
Motts Landing looks like a good area along with Magnolia Green. Can you tell me what you know about these 2

Old 06-22-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Winding River Plantation is a beautiful community with it`s own beach house with a pool on Holden Beach
I've been looking at WRP for a while . It looks great but i do wonder how far it is from shopping such as grocery, drugstore etc.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I think you're ready to put "boots on the ground" and visit some of the communities, perhaps with an experienced realtor.
Yes soon but we have to rule out another area first that will put us in Cary NC area near one
of our kids and grand-kids ( young) . I'm searching all options in both places then once we can look around on our own , decide for sure which suits us best we will get a realtor . I want this to be our last move so taking our time .

Old 06-22-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade51 View Post
Take advantage of the "discovery packages" that each of these have. We did, and there was no pressure at all. The smart ones put you up in their own "cottages" to give you a real feel of living there.

Get your own realtor to represent you as a buyer, it doesn't cost a thing. Again, no pressure to make a decision. We had a great realtor who set up viewings of new & used houses and empty lots of land. She even took an afternoon to drive us all around Wilmington to show us the sights.

Happy hunting.
I love looking at houses , but once we decided between Wilmington area and Cary ( young grand kids) we will then start actively looking. I hope this is our last move so taking our time to research , look and decide which suits our needs from 65 and 67 on.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ndcc View Post

thanks in advance.
don't have one yet . Still trying to decide if we will be in Wilmington area vs. Cary ( young grands). We want it to be our last at 65 and 67.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina