Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 03:10 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times

Advertisements

Greenville's Pitt Street Brewery will be opening a satellite location on the waterfront in Washington, near the corner of Main and Stewart Parkway. Not sure if it will have a different name or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 10:22 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
The lady and I finally were able to get down to Washington and New Bern this past weekend to check them out and see if they are potential landing spots for us.

Washington impressed us both more than we expected. Honestly, going into it, I was expecting a lot less so it far exceeded our expectations! The main street is much longer than I thought it'd be with many storefronts including restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. The waterfront park area with the walkway was very nice too. We were only in Washington for an afternoon but really enjoyed it. Felt safe in the areas we drove through and walked through.

We saw many storefronts taped off so hoping that's a good sign that they're continuing to grow and new things are coming soon.

Very cool little town and one we'll keep an eye on for sure.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
The lady and I finally were able to get down to Washington and New Bern this past weekend to check them out and see if they are potential landing spots for us.

Washington impressed us both more than we expected. Honestly, going into it, I was expecting a lot less so it far exceeded our expectations! The main street is much longer than I thought it'd be with many storefronts including restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. The waterfront park area with the walkway was very nice too. We were only in Washington for an afternoon but really enjoyed it. Felt safe in the areas we drove through and walked through.

We saw many storefronts taped off so hoping that's a good sign that they're continuing to grow and new things are coming soon.

Very cool little town and one we'll keep an eye on for sure.
There's nothing better than a stroll on the Washington Waterfront. I went out last evening and took some good sunset pics. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:12 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
There's nothing better than a stroll on the Washington Waterfront. I went out last evening and took some good sunset pics. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

We're excited to return soon hopefully. I bet when it's really nice and warm with events going on it's quite lively. There were quite a few milling around on this past Saturday afternoon but not crowded.

Now we wish we'd made moves on a couple of houses that recently sold right on main street! Sigh. Always next time!

Old 06-13-2022, 05:58 AM

36 posts, read 78,023 times
Thank you for the honest review of Washington. My husband and I just visited recently and fell in love with the beautiful waterfront and charm of the small town. We’re interested in moving to Chocowinity and having a boat to scoot to the Washington waterfront for dinner and we heard there will soon be a brewery at the dock. Our understanding is the Cypress Landing is more of a retirement community but our hope is that younger folks will move into the area now that many more people can work from home. We both work from home and are ready to get out of the Triangle area.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:09 PM

6 posts, read 7,514 times
Little Washington. Lul Washington. Lil Washington.

Washington, NC just got a Big Economic Stimulus in the drone aviation technology sector at Washington-Warren Airport, "first of its kind on the East Coast".

HUGE DEAL for Beaufort County and with BIG OPPORTUNITIES for Greenville/Pitt County/ECU too.

- The Washington-Warren Airport will feaure drone research, testing, and teaching hub initiated by Northern Virginia company, Xelevate.
-Will feaure aerospace and maritime industrial park with desire to start building in coming months
- Opportunities for innovation, expansion, and 100s if not thousands of new jobs in next 24 - 60 months.

Quote:
https://www.witn.com/2022/12/17/an-e...-first-future/

An Eastern Carolina airport is determined to be “first in future”
By Alyssa Hefner
Published: Dec. 17, 2022 at 6:57 PM EST

WASHINGTON, N.C. (WITN) - Hundreds of people gathered at an airport here in the east for a partnership presentation that intends to keep North Carolina an aviation front-runner.

Washington-Warren Airport debuted its partnership with Washington D.C.-based company, Xelevate. An organization with a mission to build safe and secure drone innovation.

Earlier this year, the airport received state funding for economic development and infrastructure updates. This opened the door for Xelevate to expand into North Carolina.

“All of the different stem and education opportunities around here and the fact that there’s air, land and sea opportunities here too. This is a big maritime area so when we say drones. It’s not just about aviation it’s about the function of all the different types of technologies,” said Marcy Eisenberg, Xelevate president.

Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.

Last edited by Urbanaturalist; 12-20-2022 at 08:28 PM..

Old 03-10-2023, 11:13 AM

Anyone know what's happening with the former Food Lion on the west side of Washington? There is work being done on that location. It's been empty for years. Is one new store coming, or are they breaking it up into smaller units to try to attract multiple tenants?

Old 07-10-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Anyone know what's happening with the former Food Lion on the west side of Washington? There is work being done on that location. It's been empty for years. Is one new store coming, or are they breaking it up into smaller units to try to attract multiple tenants?
The former Food Lion is now a Planet Fitness. Six years ago when the FL shut down the original rumor was that a fitness center would takeover this site. That didn't happen back then, but now it has with a PF. The idea went full circle, I guess...

Old 07-11-2023, 07:41 AM

3,080 posts, read 4,851,029 times
Quote:
The former Food Lion is now a Planet Fitness. Six years ago when the FL shut down the original rumor was that a fitness center would takeover this site. That didn't happen back then, but now it has with a PF. The idea went full circle, I guess...
Yeah that Food Lion was too close to the Wal-Mart, which is the place to be in Washington.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Yeah that Food Lion was too close to the Wal-Mart, which is the place to be in Washington.
The new Food Lion is even closer to Walmart - it's basically right across the street in the old mall. It's doing great business. Both FLs in Washington do great in sales. I know a lot of people in the local grocery business. Those two stores are consistently in the top five for weekly sales in the FL Greenville district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina