U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2017, 03:41 AM
 
4,956 posts, read 2,196,692 times
Reputation: 7093

Advertisements

NC governor on Trump drilling plan: 'Not off our coast' - ABC News


"Up against a Friday deadline for comment from elected officials on the Trump administration's request for companies to perform seismic testing under Atlantic waters, Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper..." "..."As governor, I'm here to speak out and take action against it. I can sum it up in four words: 'not off our coast.'"


Well done Roy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2017, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Carolina Shores NC
6,688 posts, read 8,046,995 times
Reputation: 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
NC governor on Trump drilling plan: 'Not off our coast' - ABC News


"Up against a Friday deadline for comment from elected officials on the Trump administration's request for companies to perform seismic testing under Atlantic waters, Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper..." "..."As governor, I'm here to speak out and take action against it. I can sum it up in four words: 'not off our coast.'"


Well done Roy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 09:05 AM
 
36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Reputation: 8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
NC governor on Trump drilling plan: 'Not off our coast' - ABC News


"Up against a Friday deadline for comment from elected officials on the Trump administration's request for companies to perform seismic testing under Atlantic waters, Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper..." "..."As governor, I'm here to speak out and take action against it. I can sum it up in four words: 'not off our coast.'"


Well done Roy.
Typical Just like when Ted kenndy said the ame thing about wind turbines off the coats of Mass.

Libs want oil independence yet won't allow anything to "block their views"

Total hypocrites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 09:15 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Typical Just like when Ted kenndy said the ame thing about wind turbines off the coats of Mass.

Libs want oil independence yet won't allow anything to "block their views"

Total hypocrites!
Name calling helps every situation. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 09:37 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,983 posts, read 18,910,163 times
Reputation: 5254
Being against oil drilling could impact investment and jobs in the energy industry in North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 10:03 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Being against oil drilling could impact investment and jobs in the energy industry in North Carolina.
Jobs and investment will not make up for an oil spill ruining our beaches and our billions of dollars per year tourism industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 10:11 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,983 posts, read 18,910,163 times
Reputation: 5254
Do you want to see North Carolina boost the tourism industry along its coast, or do you want it to miss out on economic development investments in the tourism and energy industries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 10:18 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Do you want to see North Carolina boost the tourism industry along its coast, or do you want it to miss out on economic development investments in the tourism and energy industries?
You'll have to be more precise. I don't understand your questions, nor do I see any connection between oil drilling and tourism, which you seem to be implying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2017, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Carrboro, NC
1,461 posts, read 1,444,446 times
Reputation: 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Being against oil drilling could impact investment and jobs in the energy industry in North Carolina.
Bad jobs and short-sighted investments that we're better off without.

All that would happen if we opened our shores up is a few companies would pump out our resources and reinvest the profits in their home states, while North Carolinians would have to subsidize the cost of problems (spills, accidents). It's a huge scam.

You want to see energy jobs here then ask your General Assembly rep to stop passing laws that kill renewables--which are creating far more jobs than fossil fuels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2017, 06:46 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,983 posts, read 18,910,163 times
Reputation: 5254
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
You'll have to be more precise. I don't understand your questions, nor do I see any connection between oil drilling and tourism, which you seem to be implying.
Do you want the coastal communities of North Carolina to have more tourism and jobs?

The energy industry is inclusive of clean and renewable energy providers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top