U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 05:36 PM

35 posts, read 27,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calwine View Post
I like Raleigh, there are many companies to work.

I like the Cary area as well..are there any towns near there that are a bit closer to the beach?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 03:51 AM

831 posts, read 653,960 times
Why not live between topsail and Cary? About an hour each way?

Old 07-30-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
Why not live between topsail and Cary? About an hour each way?
What area would that be? I knoe Cary/Raleigh is a bit more central compared to topsail so im not really familiar with those areas.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:21 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,438,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxobellavida View Post
What area would that be? I knoe Cary/Raleigh is a bit more central compared to topsail so im not really familiar with those areas.
The problem with living halfway between Cary and Topsail is that there is no nice, desirable place to live. Only small, economically depressed towns with bad schools and no jobs, and no amenities.

Cary is 2 1/2 hours from the coast. Your initial post said you want to live on the coast.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
The problem with living halfway between Cary and Topsail is that there is no nice, desirable place to live. Only small, economically depressed towns with bad schools and no jobs, and no amenities.

Cary is 2 1/2 hours from the coast. Your initial post said you want to live on the coast.
Just trying to keep options open..ive only gone to Cary once but i do remember the area being nice. I have been through quiet towns but like you said, they are pretty depressed with nothing to offer. Would you say the Cary area is affordable when it comes to renting? We would like to stay under $1100

Old 07-31-2017, 12:10 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,438,238 times
Quote:
Just trying to keep options open..ive only gone to Cary once but i do remember the area being nice. I have been through quiet towns but like you said, they are pretty depressed with nothing to offer. Would you say the Cary area is affordable when it comes to renting? We would like to stay under $1100
Cary is very fast growing and is one of the more expensive real estate markets in NC. There will be a few rentals in that price range, but not much.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:22 AM

11,253 posts, read 19,786,471 times
Quote:
I like the Cary area as well..are there any towns near there that are a bit closer to the beach?
Garner and Willow Springs are along I-40, so it easier to get to the beach. You budget is pretty limiting for Cary, but Garner might work. You need to seach some real estate rental sites, since you did not say how many are in your family or the ages of chidren. For example there are 2-bedroom apartments in Garner for under $1100.

Frankly, I think the husband should locate his best job options first. In the Wilmington area, there are many trucking companies located on the north side at the junctions of I-40 and Highway 17. There should be diesel jobs there. Garner would probably work also.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:32 AM

10,686 posts, read 11,307,496 times
Clayton would be on the beach side of the Triangle, too.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:45 AM

Thanks all so much for the suggestions. I am down here in NC noe and have been going to some areas. When i lived in Maysville i would often visit New Bern...I've always liked the area but since im not from there, i dont really have much of an opinion on it otherthan it looks nice. Is it a pretty quiet area? My husband does not mind traveling a bit for work.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:06 AM

11,253 posts, read 19,786,471 times
Quote:
When i lived in Maysville i would often visit New Bern...I've always liked the area but since im not from there, i dont really have much of an opinion on it otherthan it looks nice. Is it a pretty quiet area? My husband does not mind traveling a bit for work.
I believe Maysville is quite rural, maybe too rural. A friend lives there, and they have satellite Internet because the cable company does not go out that far. If you want acreage and can deal with a septic tank and well, then it may be OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or