Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 06:21 AM

206 posts, read 573,550 times

Advertisements

HI all!

I am reading here and see a lot of negativity about Wilmington.
I am going to come down in June and see for myself.
Hoping some can share suggestions with me.

I am looking online at condo's. (not the hi rise type...more of a homey feel)

I want to be away from high crime areas
Pretty surroundings
Close enough to drive to the college if possible
Nice community
Close enough to the beach

thanks in advance

I am coming from NY
Have a job online so that's not an issue
Want to be close to stores and restaurants but not in the hub.

also
any thoughts on Carolina Beach or other local areas that you think might be better. It's just me and my high school age son

thanks so much
Charlene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM

572 posts, read 1,609,915 times
I'd suggest checking out Valleygate Villas, Bellingham Park or The Gardens.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:59 PM

6 posts, read 13,608 times
River Pointe, off River Road near Sanders Road, in the Monkey Junction area. You can buy for 160,000s, rent for 1,000+ or so.

Two story townhomes, river view from some, quiet, no crime, pool, etc. 10 minutes from the beach.

Cons: Takes 20 minutes to get downtown, probably 20 to get to UNCW.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 PM

135 posts, read 640,189 times
I would also add the areas around Lumina Station and Mayfaire, Lions Gate is closer to Wrightsville Beach, Mayfaire has several places above the shops that are nice and close to a lot of things. Both are about 15 minutes to campus.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:17 AM

206 posts, read 573,550 times
thanks so much everyone
that was really helpful and nice of you to take the time to write

I have heard Masonboro was highly ranked as one of the best places to live.....
Will check into all the areas you mentioned

best of luck to all
Charlene
cold in NY
recovering from pneumonia
dreaming of living somewhere warmer

Old 08-02-2017, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 619 times
I am looking to move to Wilmington don't know much about the area as far as crime and the best places to rent. I am looking at home in Morning Pointe Masonboro commons area. Can anyone tell me about that area?

Tibs

Old 08-03-2017, 06:16 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,371,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNelson50 View Post
I am looking to move to Wilmington don't know much about the area as far as crime and the best places to rent. I am looking at home in Morning Pointe Masonboro commons area. Can anyone tell me about that area?

Tibs
Where is Morning Pointe and Masonboro Commons exactly?

In general, the area south of Oleander, west of S. College Road and north of Piner Rd. is a very nice area. There are other nice areas too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina