U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 12:47 PM

213 posts, read 133,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrill View Post
Riverlights is a nice new development that is along the river and some of that land might have been wet, but they moved the highway 1/2 mile away from the river for the development. It is an excellent development and after a long delay from the great recession, they really kicked it in gear in the past couple years. A number of quality builders to choose from. They are adding a lot of amenities and creating some social events as well. Worth Checking out if you are moving to the area. There is also another nice riverfront development north of town called River Bluffs that is very nice with nice amenities and they are saving a lot more trees than RiverLights that is nice.
I've read about River Bluffs on this site some positives and negatives . They are fairly new also right ? What surrounds River Bluffs ? To the best of my memory seems like the negatives
were about what is beside or around River Bluffs that isn't too appealing .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 06:38 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
I've read about River Bluffs on this site some positives and negatives . They are fairly new also right ? What surrounds River Bluffs ? To the best of my memory seems like the negatives
were about what is beside or around River Bluffs that isn't too appealing .
Its pretty far from amenities like shopping, grocery stores, medical, etc. and it has a lot of heavy industry to the immediate north and west across the river.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:10 AM

213 posts, read 133,260 times
I've read that also. The price seems high if not desirable around it

Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 AM

69 posts, read 52,443 times
I believe that Riverlights claims ”water access” but can someone please clarify what that access is exactly? Just a day dock? Is there a boat ramp? Is the water deep enough for a typical boat or just kayaks (what I’ve heard)? Thanks!

Old 04-25-2018, 10:44 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,352,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic11 View Post
I believe that Riverlights claims ”water access” but can someone please clarify what that access is exactly? Just a day dock? Is there a boat ramp? Is the water deep enough for a typical boat or just kayaks (what I’ve heard)? Thanks!
See the write-up on the Newland website...

https://www.newlandco.com/newland-co...s/riverlights/

"Located in Wilmington, North Carolina, along a 3-mile stretch of Cape Fear River frontage, this 1,400-acre river-oriented community is planned for approximately 2,700 homes, including a mix of townhomes, diverse single-family home options, an age-qualified neighborhood, a 30-acre lake with lakeside amenity center, a mixed use commercial area, and an activated Marina Village featuring a 112-slip marina and dockmaster, live-work opportunities, shops, restaurants, a boardwalk, a crab dock, event lawn, and miles of trails to connect from the river into the community’s multiple neighborhoods"

I think you can launch kayaks now, but eventually there will be a marina. Likely they need to build out more before they start construction of the marina to make sure there is enough demand.

A site within the development for an Elementary or K-8 school is being negotiated right now with New Hanover County.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
See the write-up on the Newland website...

https://www.newlandco.com/newland-co...s/riverlights/

"Located in Wilmington, North Carolina, along a 3-mile stretch of Cape Fear River frontage, this 1,400-acre river-oriented community is planned for approximately 2,700 homes, including a mix of townhomes, diverse single-family home options, an age-qualified neighborhood, a 30-acre lake with lakeside amenity center, a mixed use commercial area, and an activated Marina Village featuring a 112-slip marina and dockmaster, live-work opportunities, shops, restaurants, a boardwalk, a crab dock, event lawn, and miles of trails to connect from the river into the community’s multiple neighborhoods"

I think you can launch kayaks now, but eventually there will be a marina. Likely they need to build out more before they start construction of the marina to make sure there is enough demand.

A site within the development for an Elementary or K-8 school is being negotiated right now with New Hanover County.
Wow. Impressive. Gonna have to check the place out. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 378 times
Any updates to this post after Florence such as flooding? Thinking about relocating there.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:37 PM

10 posts, read 6,288 times
I'd like to know the same thing but considering the flooding in downtown Wilmington, I'd be worried.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarldav View Post
Any updates to this post after Florence such as flooding? Thinking about relocating there.
We visited pre-Flo and the whole development sits right on the river. My guess, and it is a guess, is that it wasn’t pretty.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:57 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
The Del Webb Riverlights Website says:

"While Hurricane Florence devastated many families, homes and businesses across North and South Carolina, the community in RiverLights has been fortunate to fare the storm. We are thankful to report that there has been no flooding in our community and no major damage to any homes or businesses."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or