U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2017, 02:20 PM
 
1,088 posts, read 1,963,329 times
Reputation: 381

Advertisements

Read the article where the case with Saunders (Developer) has finally been settled but not many other details. For the people who bought their lots a few years ago how are they impacted? Will Saunders develop the Golf Course over there? It was known as Angels Trace I think??

Will construction start soon??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2017, 12:17 PM
 
897 posts, read 1,520,845 times
Reputation: 1875
I played Angels Trace years ago. There were two 18 hole courses there and I thought Jaguars Lair took the best 18 for "reserection". Could be a hell of a track if that is the case. Just question if another course in the market place is needed. Heard Heather Glen is done at Years end. If it starts up it will get a ton of early play and then Ocean Ridge will go the route of Sea Trail offering breakfast, lunch and two beers to attract golfers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2017, 11:43 AM
 
1,088 posts, read 1,963,329 times
Reputation: 381
Was a great course back in the day. Heather Glen closing in November some time and Possum Trot not renewing their land lease so they will go under as well. When did Sea Trail copy Oyster Bay and include the breakfast, lunch, and 2 beers deal? Great idea. Wish I knew the future of the Ocean Ridge courses as I live hear and heard about 100 members quit over the last 12 months. Saunders needs to turn over courses to a company like Troon who specializes in managing golf courses. New greens at Tigers but don't think this is enough to lure new members.


Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
I played Angels Trace years ago. There were two 18 hole courses there and I thought Jaguars Lair took the best 18 for "reserection". Could be a hell of a track if that is the case. Just question if another course in the market place is needed. Heard Heather Glen is done at Years end. If it starts up it will get a ton of early play and then Ocean Ridge will go the route of Sea Trail offering breakfast, lunch and two beers to attract golfers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 10:23 AM
 
36,848 posts, read 16,083,784 times
Reputation: 8368
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Was a great course back in the day. Heather Glen closing in November some time and Possum Trot not renewing their land lease so they will go under as well. When did Sea Trail copy Oyster Bay and include the breakfast, lunch, and 2 beers deal? Great idea. Wish I knew the future of the Ocean Ridge courses as I live hear and heard about 100 members quit over the last 12 months. Saunders needs to turn over courses to a company like Troon who specializes in managing golf courses. New greens at Tigers but don't think this is enough to lure new members.
The heard contract to sell Heather Glen back in July fell through.

I think they are till trying to sell but, as of now do not have buyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 10:48 AM
 
1,088 posts, read 1,963,329 times
Reputation: 381
Spoke to the guys at Heather Glenn. Sold to DR Horton, mass homebuilder, 700 single family homes and 300 condos they told our group. Such a nice layout, sorry to see it close if true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The heard contract to sell Heather Glen back in July fell through.

I think they are till trying to sell but, as of now do not have buyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top