U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 01:29 PM

213 posts, read 133,551 times

Advertisements

When looking at new construction to a few years old ,which builders do you say to avoid? There seems to be so many "big box" mass builders in Brunswick county. Ive read about one builder to avoid on this site but would like to know of any others . Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 06:42 PM

11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
When looking at new construction to a few years old ,which builders do you say to avoid? There seems to be so many "big box" mass builders in Brunswick county. Ive read about one builder to avoid on this site but would like to know of any others ....
There are ones whose quality I do not care for: Savvy and DR Horton. However, so many people find them acceptable, so I won't tell you to avoid them.

If you Google various ones, you will probably turn up some complaints, since people like to complain.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:16 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,333,173 times
Agree with goldenage 1.
Giving poor reviews to particular builders (or other industries) on such a forum is not a good idea.

Peoples values, wants and needs are different as are their price points.

The one builder that you have read to "avoid" might have built someones dream home.

I would suggest you attend any builders expos and interview builders that are active in your area.
It is a personal decision.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:33 PM

213 posts, read 133,551 times
Oh I don't want to cause a problem about a a builder just curious to know if problems happened once they purchased (ex: flooring , roof,faulty wiring etc). Just wondered since I've seen several national builders in brunswick as I look around at developments. Only familiar with a couple a names .

Old 09-04-2017, 08:11 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,886,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
Oh I don't want to cause a problem about a a builder just curious to know if problems happened once they purchased (ex: flooring , roof,faulty wiring etc). Just wondered since I've seen several national builders in brunswick as I look around at developments. Only familiar with a couple a names .
Check the Better Business Bureau, they will have complaints, what the issue was and if resolved how long it took.
For just about every builder you will find accolades and complaints, you just need to review and decide for yourself which one to go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or