U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 965 times

Advertisements

Hello!! I am very excited to have the opportunity to be moving to the Wilmington area in January. I am having a lot of difficulty finding rentals that are not large complex apartments. I am looking for a townhouse/duplex type rental that will accept a 47lb dog, 2years old. I am not currently employed in NC but I don't expect to have much difficulty finding employment as I am and LPN and was just notified today my temporary licensure has come through. I would prefer to find something temporary 3-6 months till I learn the lay of the land and I don't have the best credit due to extenuating circumstances; although I have been able to save some money and will have additional funds available come January. I have been doing a lot of research and have explored craigs list; most of which seems to be scams of some sort. I will be coming down on my own but eventually will need room for family to visit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Also...any LPN's out there with suggestions on where to start looking for employment? I have almost 8 years out patient medical/surgical office experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 07:20 AM

243 posts, read 377,143 times
Look up Sweyer Property Management. They're a leasing company in Wilmington that list a lot of rentals including condos and duplexes.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:22 PM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon44 View Post
I would prefer to find something temporary 3-6 months till I learn the lay of the land and I don't have the best credit due to extenuating circumstances
Since you are coming in the winter, you might try vacation rentals at VRBO.com . Look for dog-friendly places, maybe in Topsail Beach or Carolina Beach.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:38 AM

37 posts, read 29,717 times
I live in Wilmington, this is definitely a dog friendly community! the healthcare industry is mostly on 17th near the hospital although it isn't exclusively over there. The Monkey Junction area of town is very central to everything, the beaches, hospital, downtown, etc. I would search on St. Andrews drive for dog friendly apartments. Crosswinds complex comes to mind, the vacation rentals off season aren't a bad idea because they will sometimes do month to month but rarely let pets in. Craigslist is actually the most legit way to find a place down here, that and Trulia.

Rent is high versus wages in Wilmington, it's a destination beach community with an expensive college so 1 bedrooms can be $800/month or more.. I'm not a Debbie downer but that is the biggest complaint amongst friends and locals. although the beach is 12 minutes away soooo it's all relative! good luck, welcome & holler my way for anything ☺

Old 10-07-2017, 05:45 AM

37 posts, read 29,717 times
***I am having a lot of difficulty finding rentals that are not large complex apartments. I am looking for a townhouse/duplex type rental that will accept a 47lb dog, 2years old

-sorry, I missed this part lol. townhouses and duplexes are a little tricky to find. I think you're on the right track finding a simple 6 month lease in a complex while you see what parts of town you like. I've spent most of my time down in Carolina Beach, with a few stints up here in town. Once you're here, you'll be glad you waited to find a more permanent residence in my opinion..

Old 10-07-2017, 07:25 AM

2 posts, read 965 times
Thank you for your input!! ��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or