Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 07:31 AM

118 posts, read 178,238 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

Could anyone recommend a really cute beach town with a nice beach to go to in NC? I have been to the beach numerous times but feel like I am lacking that cute beach town experience. Would love to spend the day at the beach then meander through a cute town with waterfront restaurants for dinner. Am I dreaming up something that doesn't exist here? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 07:45 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,076 times
Which beach did you go to? NC is home to a lot of beaches.

I'd try the Oak Island / Caswell Beach / Southport area. Southport has the cute town that you're looking for, and Oak Island / Caswell Beach has the nice beach you're looking for. Roughly 15 minutes apart.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:05 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liney59 View Post
Good Morning,

Could anyone recommend a really cute beach town with a nice beach to go to in NC? I have been to the beach numerous times but feel like I am lacking that cute beach town experience. Would love to spend the day at the beach then meander through a cute town with waterfront restaurants for dinner. Am I dreaming up something that doesn't exist here? Thanks in advance!
It sounds like you may have something in mind that you're comparing to. Can you give an example of a "cute beach town" in another state so we can get a better idea of what you have in mind?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:39 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,816,952 times
Beaufort, NC is very cute. You can just drive over the bridge to get to Atlantic Beach. I am not sure about Newport, because I have never been there, but it is in that immediate area, too.

I have heard wonderful things about Southport. I do love Ocean Isle Beach for beach, but there's no real town per se.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:33 AM

360 posts, read 721,206 times
Southport is beautiful, but while it's on the ocean, it really has no beach to speak of from what I've seen of it. You would have to take a ferry over to nearby islands or go to the Fort Fischer area for the beach. New Bern is beautiful as well. It's no exactly ocean front, but is along an inlet and not far from beaches.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:36 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,816,952 times
Oh! Manteo is really neat, too. And you are just a short drive from many of the Outer Banks beaches.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:07 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,596,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Beaufort, NC is very cute. You can just drive over the bridge to get to Atlantic Beach. I am not sure about Newport, because I have never been there, but it is in that immediate area, too.

I have heard wonderful things about Southport. I do love Ocean Isle Beach for beach, but there's no real town per se.
This is my suggestion too. Beaufort, NC is a cute town! Not necessarily a "beach" town. I also think that New Bern is a great little town, but it definitely isn't a "beach" town.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:09 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
Southport is beautiful, but while it's on the ocean, it really has no beach to speak of from what I've seen of it. You would have to take a ferry over to nearby islands or go to the Fort Fischer area for the beach. New Bern is beautiful as well. It's no exactly ocean front, but is along an inlet and not far from beaches.
Oak Island beaches are 15 min from Southport.
Southport is the most charming NC coastal town in my opinion with lots of cute shops & nice water front dining options.
Oak Island beaches are beautiful and not crowded.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:51 AM

326 posts, read 384,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
This is my suggestion too. Beaufort, NC is a cute town! Not necessarily a "beach" town. I also think that New Bern is a great little town, but it definitely isn't a "beach" town.
I'll third the recommendation for Beaufort, NC. It has a super cute area of shops and restaurants along the water (Front St.). Morehead City also has some shops/restaurants along the waterfront that are easy to walk along. You can then go just over the bridge to Atlantic Beach for the ocean.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:03 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,725,793 times
This probably belongs in the main NC forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina