Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 04:29 AM

39 posts, read 102,450 times

Advertisements

Fairly new to this board and I was wondering if anyone had comments regarding Motts Landing? We have been to Wilmington twice in the last few months. We have checked out Wilmington; Leland and Hampstead. We are planning to return for the event at SJP in April and spend a few extra days looking at homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,011,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple View Post
Fairly new to this board and I was wondering if anyone had comments regarding Motts Landing? We have been to Wilmington twice in the last few months. We have checked out Wilmington; Leland and Hampstead. We are planning to return for the event at SJP in April and spend a few extra days looking at homes.
I haven't been there, but I looked through the street views. If I want a small community and to be close to the shopping and conveniences of Wilmington, Motts Landing would be very high on my list. I would also consider their sister community, Premiere Homes at Covil Crossing if you wanted to be closer to Wrightsville Beach and Mayfaire Town center.

Last edited by goldenage1; 03-12-2014 at 08:50 AM..

Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM

3,080 posts, read 4,851,029 times
It looks very nice...right across from Beau Rivage and Bellamy Elementary. The location in town is very good tucked away off Sanders Rd but close to College....and you can use River Rd as an alternate route to get into town.

A few things to consider...

1) Check the floodmaps...I am sure the new construction is built in compliance, but check to see whether the land is actual floodplain and may require flood insurance.

2) Across the bridge on River Rd is a HUGE planned development in River Lights. It will be a ten or more year build out so it may have an effect on how much the value of property at Mott's Landing increases (because they will be building new). It will also enhance the location though because it should have some additional retail component.

3) Finally, check the schools...pretty sure its Bellamy (across the street), then Myrtle Grove, then Ashley...all of which are good...but if its Mary C Williams, Williston and New Hanover, it may be an issue for resale with kids. This is the problem they have in Echo Farms, which is a nice neighborhood but houses take a little while to find a buyer. This is also a potential issue with River Lights, FWIW...that I has not been resolved to my knowledge. MAYBE River Lights will offer up land for a school or two...that remains to be seen.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,398,986 times
Motts Landing is an above 55 community so schools
are kind of a mute point.
We have walked our dogs on the land for the last 5 years and I gotta say
that it sure is a beautiful area. Of course more so before they started building but even now it is
a very nice community, pretty houses that look to be well built.

Motts Landing area is the only place we have ever seen the fox squirrel , look them up , amazing squirrels
and afraid of nothing , not even our dogs. Have seen small alligators in one of the ponds in there too, how fun!
I would say that it is in a very good location for access to Wilmington and Carolina beach .
Nice little park right around the corner with access to Cape fear river , easy drive to Harris Teeter grocery store and
several restaurants within a mile or two.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:41 PM

120 posts, read 251,760 times
We are also considering Mott's Landing. How can we check the floodplain maps...are they online?

Old 08-30-2014, 03:34 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,011,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudy68 View Post
We are also considering Mott's Landing. How can we check the floodplain maps...are they online?
Put in an approximate address for Mott's Landing in this web site: Flood Risk Information System
Try this address: 6617 Motts Village Road, Wilmington , and you will see it is an X zone (or non-flood zone). However, the development has yellow and blue flood-prone area at the edges of the property.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 PM

120 posts, read 251,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Put in an approximate address for Mott's Landing in this web site: Flood Risk Information System
Try this address: 6617 Motts Village Road, Wilmington , and you will see it is an X zone (or non-flood zone). However, the development has yellow and blue flood-prone area at the edges of the property.

Nice find. Thank you for sharing the info!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple View Post
Hi, Just wondering if you ever purchased in Mott'sLanding? My husband and I are considering this area and would appreciate any pros/cons if you have time to respond. We are trying to be in an area that is close to beaches, shopping restaurants and nightlife.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:02 AM

300 posts, read 474,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagirl1127 View Post
Hi, Just wondering if you ever purchased in Mott'sLanding? My husband and I are considering this area and would appreciate any pros/cons if you have time to respond. We are trying to be in an area that is close to beaches, shopping restaurants and nightlife.
No, we didn't purchase in Mott's Landing. My wife decided she wanted quick and easy access to the beach so we purchased a home at a plantation in Brunswick County that had a beach house with a parking lot at the beach.

We never visited Mott's Landing, but it appears from the pictures on their website that the homes are built on slabs. I thought for the prices they were asking, the homes would have been built on a raise slab or with a traditional foundation. We miss the shopping and restaurants that Wilmington offers, but we don't miss the heavy traffic when we visit the city about once per week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina