U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 04:46 PM

327 posts, read 610,398 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Looking into Sandpiper bay for a condo. Anyone out there with information on that community? Reviews, comments or opinions welcome.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 06:56 PM

11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padad1 View Post
Hi all. Looking into Sandpiper bay for a condo. Anyone out there with information on that community? Reviews, comments or opinions welcome.
Thanks
They are in Sunset Beach on the golf course. I just looked at the condo listings at CarolinaPlantations.com . They are attractive and seem like a good value. However, I would be cautious about a first-floor one close to a pond because of the possibiliy of flooding.

I am not a golfer, so I have no idea how desirable the Sandpiper Bay course is. As an investor, I would think that a place with an indoor pool would be more rentable year-round. Crow Creek and SeaTrail have indoor pools.

Last edited by goldenage1; 11-30-2017 at 07:16 PM..

Old 11-30-2017, 07:54 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,333,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padad1 View Post
Thanks
We stay at Sandpiper quite a bit and have a reservation there for next week.
We like the location and proximity to Sunset Beach for that reason we prefer it to Crow Creek.

We have not played golf there but the course is well rated by Myrtle Beach Golf and has positive ratings on trip advisor.
A friend rented a condo there for 1 1/2 years while her house was being built and they loved it.

Cautionary note, while there in September, using the bbq by a pond we encounter a curious (hungry?) alligator.

I would not hesitate to purchase a condo there.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:58 AM

327 posts, read 610,398 times
Jersey and Goldenage, thanks for the replies. We had originally put a bit in on a place in seatrails (which we loved) however it needed a little work and we weren't willing to go as high as the seller wished. Realizing that condo real estate in the sunset beach area is hard to come by, we saw this place and it looks great. I too have heard good things about the courses, but have only played the sea trails courses. Wondering about the amenities at sandpiper compared to seatrails and its upkeep. Thanks again for the reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina