U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 01:54 PM

21 posts, read 16,007 times

Advertisements

Anyone recently move into or inquiring about Brunswick forest? Realtors tell me no community in Brunswick forest floods bc all taken care of by developers infrastructure. I looked at three different builders and liked the look of Kent homes and legacy. Since I won't be able to see the home go up, how can I gauge the workmanship when all I read on these threads is that builders in Leland are putting homes up in two weeks and slapping them together with spit. Any takers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 05:36 PM

47 posts, read 27,652 times
We’ve been in Brunswick Forest (Park Landing) since July and no flooding. Kent was our builder and we have no complaints. We built long distance with pictures and conference call every two weeks. Everything went like clockwork. It helps if you meet some neighbors already living here to keep an eye out.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:36 AM

21 posts, read 16,007 times
Thanks for the info. Wondering if you might share costs of living there. I.e. All different Taxes, insurances for car, homeowners, flood, etc. Your monthly bills such as electric, gas, water, irrigation, landscaping, etc. Yearly costs like pesticide and termite protection, etc.

Really want to get a good feel for cost of living cause no pension, some savings and SSI will be our income. I know there will be ranges depending upon size and number of people living in your home but any numbers you can share would be helpful. Thanks a million.

Last edited by Morris7; 01-20-2018 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Also, was it difficult to pick out an area to leave in within the community. Did you base it on the HOA fees?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:02 AM

10 posts, read 8,471 times
I will be moving into Brunswick Forest next year when I retire. I haven't bought yet, but I plan to build with Bill Clark as of now. I wouldn't base it so much on HOA fees, because I'm sure they can go up at any time. They do every year where I currently live. Moving to Leland will be a great change and a decrease in my cost of living compared to Northern Virginia. Looking forward to it.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:12 AM

5 posts, read 6,377 times
Default builders in BF

Morris, we are currently building in BF and our build plan is about a year. The builder is very methodical and detail oriented. We have previously built a home and therefore have some experience. My observations from visiting last 4 years and building now is most of the builders do a good job. Having said that, building is a complicated process filled with more decisions than you can imagine. We feel BF is a very high quality community and filled with very friendly people. We are looking forward to moving there in the Summer. Kent was our #2 choice and feel they deliver a lot of value. We ultimately went with Fogleman.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 16,929 times
We live in Brunswick Forest and we quite happy here. Our home took 7 months to build, which seems about average. HOA is a bit steep, but unfortunately I think they are in line with all new communities.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:10 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,256,530 times
I talked to a Brunswick Forest Resident / Rep at a Ideal Living Show here in Stamford CT, and he mentioned no flooding during the big rainstorm they had (last year I think it was). When I questioned drinking water issues in Leland, he said he uses Bottled Water to be safe. Don't confuse Brunswick Forest with Brunswick Plantation, both different areas, and Brunswick Plantation did have extensive flooding during the same storm....you tube it, it was pretty bad.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,878 times
Hi, I live in Compass Pointe, not far from Brunswick Forest, and am a local real estate professional. I am not aware of any flooding in Brunswick Forest, and I have lived here for six years.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:39 PM

12 posts, read 10,735 times
I'm looking at Brunswick Forest but I am only 51. Is that too young?

Old 04-07-2018, 07:02 PM

11,088 posts, read 18,565,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metea View Post
I'm looking at Brunswick Forest but I am only 51. Is that too young?
I have read that there are plenty of people in Brunswick Forest who are under 55. The lost census data also showed many families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or