Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2018, 01:16 PM

9 posts, read 19,573 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are in the process of building in SJP. We are building with Logan Homes and starting to research Propane Service. Suburban is a name that was recommended, but we want to research on our own before making a decision.

Should be lease the tank or buy it?
What are the pros and cons of each?
How much is the approx. cost/ month? (Cooktop, Fireplace, BBQ)

What companies do you recommend?

Thanks in Advance,
Dayna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 02:45 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,378,349 times
I'd say buy it, but you'd need to look at the actual numbers. If the propane company owns it, you will be charged annual "maintenance" fee.

I use Ford's and have been satisfied with them. Very prompt service. I haven't compared propane prices, but I'm assuming they are all about the same.

I use propane for heat and oven/stove and it averages about $75 month (ranging from zero in the summer to hundreds in the winter). I have an old, drafty, not well insulated house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: