U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 2,029 times

Advertisements

Hi. Currently investigating Riverlights/DelWebb in Wilmington vs Waterford in Leland. The last time I visited Riverlights (fall of 2017) things seemed so barren and not yet put together, if you will. However, I liked the proximity to Wilmington and the size of the community . Is there anyone who currently lives there that can provide some feedback on Riverlights....how do you like living there, are you happy with your choice, are there social clubs? Or any other info you can share. Thanks so much !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 11:14 AM

10 posts, read 14,411 times
Husband and I visited Riverlights Del Webb in mid May. They were just completing their rec center which opened end of May. Houses in Phase 1 and 2 were selling with a good number occupied. Love the location and proximity to most things in Wilmington and the beaches. Also really like the RiverLights commercial projects that are in and more planned, i.e. Smoke on the Water restaurant, the coffee shop, park and pier right on the Cape Fear River. We are actually going back for a visit next week to see how things are progressing. Wish the lots were larger. The outdoor pool associated with the rec center looks awesome. It's built like an infinity pool, going into the lake system that runs through RiverLights. We've looked at various developments in Leland and whereas I like some of the houses and the lot sizes and mature landscaping, I just don't like feeling out of Wilmington. Personal feeling.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:42 PM

69 posts, read 52,949 times
We didn’t like Riverlights at all. Just miles and miles of land with construction going on everywhere. Nobody at pool, kayaking on lake, in the pavilion, out walking dogs. Just seemed weird. Yes the waterfront was nice but even that seemed desolate. Very little signs of life. I’m sure some will like it and it will eventually get there but when is eventually? Seemed like a long time off to us. Also, houses were right on top of each other, this includes DW.

Haven’t been to Waterford.

Just one couple’s opinion....

Old 08-24-2018, 05:05 PM

84 posts, read 62,385 times
I agree with Iconic. Riverfront had an odd vibe to us, plus all the things Iconic mentioned.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:14 AM

10 posts, read 14,411 times
We revisited DelWebb at Riverlights and just bought a house! Amenity center (The Lodge) is now open and beautiful. They are finishing up Phase 1 and working on closing Phase 2. Phase 3 lots are now available. Attending a classic car show at the Riverlights Park, across the street from Smoke on the Water, and also a Farmer's Market held there on Friday morning. Both were very pleasant and well attended. I think as both developments (Del Webb and Riverlights) move further along and more people move in, you'll see these communities in a favorable light, if you don't already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina