U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 PM

1,070 posts, read 983,869 times

Advertisements

Good A/C
Get the ventilated seats option
Donít buy black
Remote start and/or phone app start is great to cool the car down a few degrees

You can get a Mercedes that does these or a Chevy. But get these options.

I had a black on black car that was torturous in the summer. Iíll never make that mistake again and I can even tell that my current car (white) is cooler after sitting for hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 08:22 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,748,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Why would you need a 4 wheel drive on the NC coast???
Frequently launching boats on sand covered ramps makes 4wd highly desirable. Another use is if you are riding around on National awildlfe Refuges looking for bear or birds.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:57 AM

295 posts, read 237,752 times
Not much need for 4WD at least with regard to driving on the beach. Most of NC is off limits except for parts of the Outer Banks. I'm not sure what the current status is there, but it used to be OK at least in the Corolla/Carova area.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:16 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,440,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walessp View Post
Not much need for 4WD at least with regard to driving on the beach. Most of NC is off limits except for parts of the Outer Banks. I'm not sure what the current status is there, but it used to be OK at least in the Corolla/Carova area.
There are others, but I don't think thats the reason for the OP asking.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,892,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaldoct View Post
Moving to Brunswick County this summer. What car would you recommend? I am used to a Honda Accord in New York area. Is 4 wheel drive necessary?
No, unless your travels to tri state will be during winter, that's why I stick to a 4 wheel drive for when I visit NJ in winter. I visit part of NJ that is up at the NY/NJ/PA border which can get a lot of snow and is hilly and curvy.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,616 times
Honda is a good choice for here, four wheel drive is not necessary unless you plan to drive back north in the winter. Dealer service is available in Wilmington for most any car except any Lexus that requires warranty work. There is no Lexus dealer in Wilmington.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:15 AM

4,957 posts, read 2,200,827 times
Hitching posts are pretty common down here but the stables can be full.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:45 PM

117 posts, read 70,887 times
My husband brought home a new Honda Civic yesterday to test drive for our teenage son and I was really impressed (was not expecting that). The safety features alone. Plus it looks way more sporty than it used to, or maybe that was just the one he drove. Plus the gas mileage. Way better than my big Toyota Sequoia (which I love because I have 4 kids and 2 big dogs and love to be able to load it up and head to the beach).

The butt coolers like others have said are a must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or