U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 06:25 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,361,785 times

Advertisements

I live in Morehead city, NC and my family and I were able to catch a glimpse of the Space Shuttle lift off! Very exciting!
We were standing along the shoreline of Morehead overlooking over Bogue Banks/Atlantic Beach! It appeared as a red light looking very close to what a red light a top a water tower would look like.
I know of folks that watched from the beach along Bogue Banks-With their unobstructed view they were able to see the lift off plus watch it as the shuttle cut across the sky!
All of this from a part of the NC coast known as "The Crystal Coast"!!
Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 06:59 AM

325 posts, read 1,297,660 times
Yeah, I was able to see it from outside Zebulon also. I didn't spot the shuttle until about 5 minutes after lift off, by then it was streaking across the eastern sky at something like 12,000 mph, anyway I know it was haulin'! What would have been really cool is to have had a telescope. I had a pair of binoculars and that actually helped me see the exhaust trail a little better. It was definitely worth standing out in the cold for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina