Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,196 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I live and work in Raleigh, NC and have visited the beach several times. I would like to purchase a condo but since I don't have a lot of experience with all the beaches I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

I've looked at N. Topsail and found the St. Regis and Villa Capriani. St. Regis seem to be a great option but upon closer inspection it's like me and aging a bit. Also it does not allow pets, my grown kids have pets and that is a show stopper. The Villa Capriani seems really nice and allows owner pets, but I just don't know enough to feel comfortable in making a purchase.

Are there any additional condo properties I should be considering? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Listed below is the list of things I'm looking for:

Condo that allows pets
Pool
HOA dues that cover CATV, WIFI, Flood Insurance and exterior maintenance
Storage space for the unit
Allows owners to rent unit for vacation or long term
Adequate parking
2 or 3 bedrooms
2+ baths
Furnished
Ocean Front with a view of the ocean and beach vs. a sand dune, parking lot, etc.
Within 10 miles or activities, shopping, grocery stores and restaurants

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 05:53 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,379,350 times
Whats your budget? Whats your preferred location? Just North Topsail?

Old 06-10-2018, 06:53 AM

Hello, my budget is $200-$400k. I’m originally from memphis so I don’t know enough to have a preferential area. I’ve always been impressed with NC’s ability to keep beach access for everyone with available parking. I’m primarily looking for a family oriented area not a party area. Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:00 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,379,350 times
I'm sure there are dozens, if not hundreds of condos available that meet your requirements on the NC coast. I'd suggest looking at the Crystal Coast area (Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle) and the Brunswick County beaches (Oak Island, Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach).

I recently purchased a condo in Caswell Beach (Oak Island) that meets your requirements. The development is called Oak Island Beach Villas.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Thank you for the information and for responding to my post. If you know of other condo's that may meet the criteria I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the name(s) of the development.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:57 PM

324 posts, read 387,542 times
Default Condo in Sunset Beach

We have a 3 BR condo in Village Park in Sunset Beach which is about 2-3 miles from the ocean (no view however). Price is nudging toward the $185-195 range (and still seems to be trending up) - some 2 BRs are a bit lower. Long term rentals are allowed and shopping center is close by including a small village with restaurants, pharmacies, a Food Lion, etc. Elevation is good esp. for 2/3 floor units so flooding is unlikely to non-existent. We have weather board siding so hurricanes are unlikely to cause any damage (it's made of a concrete based product). Garages are included (one car).

Old 12-01-2018, 03:01 PM

324 posts, read 387,542 times
Note: Pets are allowed too!

Old 12-15-2018, 01:10 PM

5 posts, read 4,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2ral View Post
Hello,
I live and work in Raleigh, NC and have visited the beach several times. I would like to purchase a condo but since I don't have a lot of experience with all the beaches I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

I've looked at N. Topsail and found the St. Regis and Villa Capriani. St. Regis seem to be a great option but upon closer inspection it's like me and aging a bit. Also it does not allow pets, my grown kids have pets and that is a show stopper. The Villa Capriani seems really nice and allows owner pets, but I just don't know enough to feel comfortable in making a purchase.

Are there any additional condo properties I should be considering? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Listed below is the list of things I'm looking for:

Condo that allows pets
Pool
HOA dues that cover CATV, WIFI, Flood Insurance and exterior maintenance
Storage space for the unit
Allows owners to rent unit for vacation or long term
Adequate parking
2 or 3 bedrooms
2+ baths
Furnished
Ocean Front with a view of the ocean and beach vs. a sand dune, parking lot, etc.
Within 10 miles or activities, shopping, grocery stores and restaurants

Thank you!
We are beginning our search for a place at the beach. I wanted to see if you ever found one and would share any lessons learned in your search. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina