Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 08:52 PM

5 posts, read 4,519 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in Raleigh area, we're both 50 y/o & looking to buy a condo or house in the Sunset Beach area to use as a vacation home during long holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas), some weekends during the year and for weeks at a time in the summer. Our jobs will allow us to spend quite a bit of time down there so we are not looking to rent it out. We don't have beach front money but we are looking to be no more than 5-10 mins from the beach.

I would prefer a house with a garage but my husband thinks we should look at a condo with great resale since it would require less maintenance on our part and allow us to enjoy our time there vs. providing upkeep to a house and yard. Also, he says it would allow us to learn the area prior to buying a house that we would one day retire in.

We are looking for feedback from people who have bought a second home in the area of Sunset Beach or Ocean Isle to see how you like it, what lessons you have learned, subdivisions that you like, subdivisions we should stay away from, how often you find you visit vs how often you thought you'd visit and any other feedback you'd want to share

Our budget is up to $275K but may go to $325K for the right place. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 04:33 AM

324 posts, read 387,247 times
We have a condo at Village Park in Sunset Beach. It's about 2-3 miles from the Coast, well maintained, permits pets and has a garage. It's right next to a small shopping area in the town of Sunset Beach (with restaurants, ABC store, Food Lion, pharmacies etc. Check it out!

Old 12-16-2018, 06:49 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Have you seen these existing threads?

Connecticut to Sunset Beach N.C.
Sandpiper bay questions.
Coastal NC communities
Sunset Beach NC-too crowded?

Old 03-28-2019, 09:41 PM

86 posts, read 72,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnlife2014 View Post
My husband and I live in Raleigh area, we're both 50 y/o & looking to buy a condo or house in the Sunset Beach area to use as a vacation home during long holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas), some weekends during the year and for weeks at a time in the summer. Our jobs will allow us to spend quite a bit of time down there so we are not looking to rent it out. We don't have beach front money but we are looking to be no more than 5-10 mins from the beach.

I would prefer a house with a garage but my husband thinks we should look at a condo with great resale since it would require less maintenance on our part and allow us to enjoy our time there vs. providing upkeep to a house and yard. Also, he says it would allow us to learn the area prior to buying a house that we would one day retire in.

We are looking for feedback from people who have bought a second home in the area of Sunset Beach or Ocean Isle to see how you like it, what lessons you have learned, subdivisions that you like, subdivisions we should stay away from, how often you find you visit vs how often you thought you'd visit and any other feedback you'd want to share

Our budget is up to $275K but may go to $325K for the right place. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Did you buy something? We love Sunset Beach and have toyed with the idea of a property there one day. Would love to know what you've come up with.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:44 PM

342 posts, read 798,296 times
We bought a condo in Sea Trail exactly one year ago. You should definitely check out Sea Trail as they have options from 1 room condos to homes up to and above 500k and everything in between. If you have any questions please let me know and I can answer them all.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:40 AM

7 posts, read 23,494 times
Sugar sands section of Sea Trail has smaller homes with garages under $275. One mile from bridge. Super location and price point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina