Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I agree, there are NO hills here. got to go to raleigh for that.
Ahhh, but you have forgotten our BIG hill on Third Street. Wheeeee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 AM

33 posts, read 134,137 times
depending on your price range you might want to check out the neighbohood that contains south liveoak pkwy, not sure what the name of it is. this is a beautiful neighborhood that may be large enough to find a rental in. the only drawback is that it might be pretty pricey, but to find older trees that arent pines that might be your trade-off.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,226 times
Hi, we are also looking to relocate there and are stumped by various neighborhoods and names and trying to find the 'right' area.... I can only imagine if you got off a plane at Laguardia Airport in Queens and started to do the same.. Is there a printable map somewhere with all of the 'neighborhood' names? I've been asked by brokers to sign agency agreements to just have them show me around, (hoping these are not exclusive...) (I don't want to pay commission to two people) I need more house and less land, anyone have an idea ? TH and patio homes look cute, but, after living in a similar situation in NY for 20 years, I want a bit more HOME... any ideas as to where ? I've seen some funky homes with odd out buildings and or double homes on two lots for sale with rental property. ANY and all info is greatly appreciated. Will be back down again in mid june, TIA!

Old 05-21-2018, 06:10 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propqueen View Post
Hi, we are also looking to relocate there and are stumped by various neighborhoods and names and trying to find the 'right' area.... I can only imagine if you got off a plane at Laguardia Airport in Queens and started to do the same.. Is there a printable map somewhere with all of the 'neighborhood' names? I've been asked by brokers to sign agency agreements to just have them show me around, (hoping these are not exclusive...) (I don't want to pay commission to two people) I need more house and less land, anyone have an idea ? TH and patio homes look cute, but, after living in a similar situation in NY for 20 years, I want a bit more HOME... any ideas as to where ? I've seen some funky homes with odd out buildings and or double homes on two lots for sale with rental property. ANY and all info is greatly appreciated. Will be back down again in mid june, TIA!
Google maps shows neighborhood names.

Whats your budget? Are schools an issue? In general, the area bounded by Oleander Drive on the north, S. College Road on the west, Piner Drive on the south and the intracranial waterway on the east is a nice area, with some good neighborhoods.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,226 times
Schools not an issue, but clearly a good school district = better resale value, though i will probably die there, and it won't be my problem :-)
budget between and or / 180- 200-225
I manage property for a living (900 units) and have yet to find a prop. mgmt co. that i can speak with who manages condos...

Old 06-04-2018, 02:03 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propqueen View Post
Schools not an issue, but clearly a good school district = better resale value, though i will probably die there, and it won't be my problem :-)
budget between and or / 180- 200-225
I manage property for a living (900 units) and have yet to find a prop. mgmt co. that i can speak with who manages condos...
https://www.camsmgt.com/
Association Management of Wilmington, LLC | Wilmington, NC Condos for Sale & for Rent
https://www.gopropertymgt.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina