Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:09 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times

Advertisements

Well, the only patent attorney I know is a guy named walt beavers, he should be in the greensboro phone book
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,806,067 times
Welp, the urge to move has struck again, and now we have a 16 mo old baby. I still have a patent and trademark law practice, and we still want to live closer to the Coast, rather than in the Research Triangle. Would love to hear any more advice, warnings, opinions, etc. One fact that I should put out there is that I do not have to have face to face meetings with my clients. I have clients all over the USA, and I probably have never met in person about 40-50% of my clients. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
Hi all,

My wife and I are considering a move from New England to your beautiful state. I am a patent attorney, and have my own law practice. I am thinking that I should be in or near the research triangle, to capitalize on the high-tech industry there. However, my wife likes being close to the coast, and she is interested in moving to Wilmington.

My question is, do you think I will miss out on the technology action in the Research Triangle if open my patent law practice in Wilmington? Is Wilmington close enough to the Research Triangle that no one will care? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
Welp, the urge to move has struck again, and now we have a 16 mo old baby. I still have a patent and trademark law practice, and we still want to live closer to the Coast, rather than in the Research Triangle. Would love to hear any more advice, warnings, opinions, etc. One fact that I should put out there is that I do not have to have face to face meetings with my clients. I have clients all over the USA, and I probably have never met in person about 40-50% of my clients. Thanks again!
It sounds like a good place for you.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:48 PM

413 posts, read 701,606 times
I'd suggest that you buy a cottage in Wrightsville Beach, Topsail Island or one of the other coastal communities. The market for beach property is very good now. The triangle area is close enough that you could spend a lot of weekends at the beach. As you get established, you may be able to spend more time working from your other home.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:56 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
What you want to do is practice real estate law. With the crazy new "buyer can walk away at any time for any or no reason" contract, the lawyers should be plenty busy trying to figure that out. I have a buyer for my house. They had an inspection done. My house needed $8,000 worth of repair work. They sent an addendum to the contract requesting that I do the work. I did the work and now they want other stuff done or they'll walk away. At what point does this stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina