U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:25 AM

12 posts, read 37,250 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Can anyone tell me about New Bern HS or Epipheny? I have 3 teen boys concerned about academics, safety and sports especially wrestling and jui jitsu. We will be relocating to the area and would appreciate any info.
Thanks
CJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:00 AM

28 posts, read 187,890 times
New Bern High School Bears Baseball team advance to the second round of the NC 4A State Championships! Game will be played Tuesday May 13...Go BEARS!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:44 PM

New Bern Track team just won the 4A state title Saturday 5/10/08

Old 05-28-2008, 07:53 AM

6 posts, read 30,501 times
New Bern HS was just rated top high school athletic program in the state of North Carolina by Sports Illustrated last week. Link:

Top Programs: No. 1 in Each State - More Sports - SI.com

Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 AM

New Bern High website Craven County Schools
Epiphany website Home Page for The Epiphany School, New Bern,NC

Old 05-29-2008, 01:01 PM

505 posts, read 2,313,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_jaros View Post
Hi,
Can anyone tell me about New Bern HS or Epipheny? I have 3 teen boys concerned about academics, safety and sports especially wrestling and jui jitsu. We will be relocating to the area and would appreciate any info.
Thanks
CJ

New Bern is top notch in sports. We also won the state 4-A championship in Football last year!

Soccer is also very strong....I am not sure if it is like it used to be...but still top notch

when I went to New Bern, the wrestling team was probably one of the best in the state of NC. But again, I am not sure about now.

I am not so sure about academics. Stats do not tell one everything. In my personal opinion, New Bern was a great school....but numbers could show otherwise.

One other thing about sports. There is talk of a new high school on the east side of New Bern in James City. When this happens, I expect the sports at New Bern to tank. New bern will proably be lowered to the 3-A....and the glory days of sports will be over

But no worries....the new high school is years away.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:11 PM

40 posts, read 202,144 times
Ephiphany was started by Nicholas Sparks (the author of The Notebook and Message in a Bottle for those that don't read those type of books)....it is supposed to be really taking off in New Bern....they have hired some really great and well-educated teachers...

New Bern High is a good school and has a great athletic program...as a PP mentioned, there are plans for a new high school to be built on the James City side of New Bern...but it won't be for awhile...

Old 06-04-2008, 05:04 PM

I really appreciate the info on New Bern. New Bern sounds like a great school.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:56 PM

65 posts, read 227,947 times
My son attends Epiphany and It is THE BEST! I love the staff and the students are wonderful. Prep to the future and sooooo much more. It is worth every penny I do not have. It is a must if you want the best education for your kids. They have big plans for a sports complex and expanding the school even more. It is growing quickly and if you are interested get in quick. There might be a waiting list.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:07 PM

Maria,
How old is your son? I am just concerned there won't be enough kids in their age group, I have #1 age 15 and #2 that will be 17(all boys) this summer. Also do you know if wrestling is available?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina