Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 03:25 PM

4 posts, read 10,016 times

Advertisements

I am an out of towner looking for places within Brunswick Co. area. Someone mentioned to me about these cool houses that are on stilts! I love the beach and love different looking houses but can't really afford the "beach front" kind of houses. Anyone know what community this is called? Only other thing I know is that they are somewhere around Hwy 133 or River Rd.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 AM

217 posts, read 1,114,244 times
I know of some houses on stilts near River Road (Carolina Beach bridge) in Wilmington not Brunswick Co. Brunswick Co is HUGE so I'm sure there are some down there...just not familiar w/the neighborhoods there.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the reply, have you ever heard of Leland NC? It's located in Leland off of .............River Rd I think. I'll have to dig some more.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,790,221 times
that's what I was thinking too. those are called snow's cut something or other. I can't think of houses on stilts in leland off hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster07 View Post
I know of some houses on stilts near River Road (Carolina Beach bridge) in Wilmington not Brunswick Co. Brunswick Co is HUGE so I'm sure there are some down there...just not familiar w/the neighborhoods there.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:47 PM

107 posts, read 282,618 times
They are on 133 just past Jackeys Creek on the right going towards southport. I think its called charleston crossing.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:16 PM

oh thanks ssoooo much MJinNC! I will see if they have a website. do you know if it's a good neighborhood or not?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM

107 posts, read 282,618 times
this is what I have found so far. Charleston Homes
Charleston Common, Leland

Teachers, firefighters, police officers and others in public service get a 1 percent discount on the base price of detached townhomes at Charleston Common, on N.C. 133 south of Wilmington on the Jackey’s Creek marsh, according to Laura Heal, builder representative for Raleigh-based Charleston Homes.

The two- and three-bedroom townhomes are joined only by front steps and are two stories on pilings.

Some have direct views of the marsh, Heal said.

Base prices start at $209,990 and range into the $230,000s, she said. An on-site sales center is open.

The homes are clad in Hardiplank siding and have 9-foot ceilings on both floors.

The development, which will eventually have 88 units, will have a pool, cabanas and walking trails on the approximately 22-acre site.

Charleston Common’s discount incentive is called “Hometown Heroes” and is available to police officers, sheriff’s deputies, teachers from elementary through college, firefighters, emergency medical technicians and all military.

Buyers can choose between the “Hometown Heroes” discount or a package of $2,000 toward closing costs and a free stainless-steel appliance upgrade. Restrictions apply.

More information: 383-3705

Old 06-30-2008, 08:12 AM

Oh your awesome MJinNC! Thank you very much. I will chk them out. Have a wonderful week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina