U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 03:01 PM

505 posts, read 2,313,073 times

Advertisements

New Bern is the place for you!

When you visit Edenton, take a trip down to New Bern, it is not far at all. Maybe a little over an hour.

I bet you change your mind!

Edenton is a nice town as well though. But check out New Bern, it can't hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2006, 04:46 PM

15 posts, read 58,319 times
Lucky Dog, I was wondering if you know anything about the inn at Grays Landing. I see that it is for sale. Is it in a good location in Edenton, (near shops etc.) do you know anything about it, or the condition of it? I saw that it is for sale online. (I am up in New Yokr). Thank you for any help. Regards, Dree

Old 11-04-2006, 07:14 AM

8 posts, read 34,918 times
Default Bought A Home In Edenton Last Week

We saw pictures on the internet also abou Edenton. Decided to drive thier one weekend and check it out. We loved it so we went to Top Sale Realty office on Broad street. The realtor took us around looking at homes right then. We saw one we loved and went home back to Baltimore discussed it and put an offer on it the next day. The offer was accepted.

We were looking for a place to retire to after our daughters graduates high school (7 years) and plan to use it fdor a vacation home until then.We are in our early 40s now and just tired of the rush rush. The town is lovely, everybody knows everyone. They have a coffe shop on Broad street called Snookers. Serves breakfast and lunch only closes at 2pm. They also have a nice restaurant called Watermans Grill also on Broad Street. Great place for dinner and to have a few drinks. There are a few other restaurants that we did not get to see.

It is only 1 hour to the outter Banks and 40 minutes to Elizabeth City if you need a little action.

The town is beautiful. At the end of Broad street is a huge waterfront park. They have cotton fields and grow peanuts. There are a couple developements in the town but probably 70% is farm land. The developements we looked at were the trail are which is up a bit.Near the water but if boating is your interest it is about 12 miles of running to get to the sound. The others we saw were Cape Colony. and Riverton. Riverton is about 1 mile from the water very wooded. This is were we bought our home. Most of them built in the 70s and 80s. Downtown Edenton is very Historic and relaxing. It is like going back in time. They do have plans for building some new developements. One is a waterfront Condo named Wharf Landing that is currently being built and there are 3 more in the plans over the next 5 years. So it is expanding.

If you have any interest in slowing down your pace, old town atmosphere you must looked at Edenton. Do know that there are no nightclubs. If you need live music and the party life you must drive 40 minutes to Elizabeth City to find any. and that may not be much.

I would highly recommend visiting Top Sale Realty on Broad Street. Ask for Sarah Tynch. She was wonderful and with no pressure. She spent the day with us Friday and Saturday looking at homes.

If this is the lifestye you want donot miss checking out this town.

Good Luck

5781 Cedonia

Old 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM

8 posts, read 34,918 times
Default Moving to Edenton

Lucky Dog,

We just bought a home in Edenton in the Riverton community. I love the town but am slightly concerned about the crime rate being so high. Could you give me any info on the town since you live there.
Thank you

Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 17,822 times
We have just closed on a property in Albermarle Plantation. We're originally from New Jersey and thought about going back, but quickly changed our minds after a little investigation. We're going back in two weeks to talk to a few builders, can you give us any advice on which are good. Where in NJ are you coming from? We're from Wayne, Sparta and LBI

Old 06-04-2007, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 17,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyfriday View Post
Edenton is a great little waterfront town (and "down town" is little), but they have some good places to eat. It all depends on what you are looking for. We are moving down from NJ - having a house built in Albemarle Plantation which is in Hertford - the next town over (which has an even smaller "down town"). Albemarle Plantation is not age restricted, and has a golf course and marina. They are still selling lots and there is a wait list for building a house. There are other "developments" being built in the Edenton area. You may want to spend a couple of days exploring the area. It is just south of Elizabeth City. We are looking forward to getting away from the crowds, traffic and taxes of NJ. Albemarle Plantation has a special deal on a couple day stay with golf (if you're a golfer they have a great course). Google Albemarle Plantation and it should come up. This way you can also go over to Edenton and check it out.....There are several B&Bs in Edenton and of course places to stay in Elizabeth city...good luck.
We're originally from NJ and building in Albermarle Plantation. This message may be redundant, I think I wrote the first one in the wrong place. Can you give me any insight? We're meeting with builders in two weeks.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 14,247 times
Default Moving to Edenton from Tennessee

I am moving to Edenton, NC in about a month for a job. It's just me and my dog and I don't need alot of room. Does anyone know of GOOD apartments in the area. Are their any loft spaces downtown? I'll be working in Windsor and I hear Edenton is really pretty and quiet. As well as very close to work. If anyone could give me some insight, I would appreciate it greatly!

Old 09-21-2009, 02:41 PM

14 posts, read 35,090 times
Default Edenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayberrybush View Post
I live in a beach resort in DE and am looking for a cheaper place to live still within driving distance of the coast. So far, Edenton seems to be top on my list. My brother-in-law was there for a while in the 70s, and it seems pretty on the internet.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
I raised my family in Bethany Beach De.at leaset we have that in common...here are my thoughts and concerns..
Please some one out there in space must have a positive spin on this town. All I see is crime concerns and that outsiders are not welcome..that could be true anywhere in the South..agreeed?
Hopefully a real estate agent who is on top of things will respond ...anyone out there know a good local Realtor? I am one but I am in Georgia...

Rich Bolton
www.southrealty.net
mobile: 770-530-1884

Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 PM

14 posts, read 35,090 times
I raised my family in Bethany Beach De.at leaset we have that in common...here are my thoughts and concerns..
Please some one out there in space must have a positive spin on this town. All I see is crime concerns and that outsiders are not welcome..that could be true anywhere in the South..agreeed?
Hopefully a real estate agent who is on top of things will respond ...anyone out there know a good local Realtor? I am one but I am in Georgia...

Rich Bolton
www.southrealty.net
mobile: 770-530-1884
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina