Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 AM

187 posts, read 803,249 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm planning to go to the beach the week of 4th of July with the family and we are wondering which NC beach towns have fireworks displays??? Please post all locations you can think of. We are very flexible and will travel for fireworks on the beach. We just want to avoid Raleigh / Cary fireworks and the traffic that occurs with it. Thanks! ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 AM

488 posts, read 1,554,304 times
We go to Atlantic Beach every year.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I love watching the fireworks of the Battleship North Carolina across the river in Wilmington, the symbolism is phenominal

Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 PM

917 posts, read 2,298,630 times
Oriental has great fireworks on Sat. the 5th. about 9pm. We have a thing called Croker Festival that weekend Fri. night and Sat.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 PM

713 posts, read 3,928,056 times
Smile Emerald Isle does fireworks

They are done from Bogue Inlet Pier which makes them very nice.

Here is a slide show of last year's fireworks.

They're scheduled for 9:30 PM and here is the link for more information and my travel guide to Emerald Isle (http://coastalnc.org/emeraldislenctravelguidecd - broken link).

Swansboro which is a historic fishing village near Emerald Isle also does them.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:09 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
Southport has the state's "Official 4th of July" celebration. Their fireworks are fabulous! There's a parade at 10am, then they have a fair, bands playing, etc...then fireworks that night.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:02 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeh View Post
Hello, I'm planning to go to the beach the week of 4th of July with the family and we are wondering which NC beach towns have fireworks displays??? Please post all locations you can think of. We are very flexible and will travel for fireworks on the beach. We just want to avoid Raleigh / Cary fireworks and the traffic that occurs with it. Thanks! ;-)
Great question! I was wondering this too. I hear you about the Raleigh fireworks. You couldn't pay me to go to the fairgrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I love watching the fireworks of the Battleship North Carolina across the river in Wilmington, the symbolism is phenominal
Sunny - I bet! Do they charge or do you just park near the ship somewhere?

Old 06-03-2008, 06:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina chick View Post
Great question! I was wondering this too. I hear you about the Raleigh fireworks. You couldn't pay me to go to the fairgrounds.

Sunny - I bet! Do they charge or do you just park near the ship somewhere?
I would not want to be near the ship during the fireworks show you will have a horrible view. I wouldnt advise this if you want a good view.

You want to be in downtown Wilmington across the river and watch the fireworks from there as they burst from near USS North Carolina across the river. You will see the USS North Carolina light up and reflection on the river.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:54 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
haha. not likely. unless you live downtown, don't bother going downtown for fireworks. the crowd downtown is unbearable. you all can come to my house on the "historic overlay." I can see the fireworks from my front porch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I would not want to be near the ship during the fireworks show you will have a horrible view. I wouldnt advise this if you want a good view.

You want to be in downtown Wilmington across the river and watch the fireworks from there as they burst from near USS North Carolina across the river. You will see the USS North Carolina light up and reflection on the river.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 PM

61 posts, read 293,599 times
How do the crowds compare for the Fouth fireworks compared to wha tthey had for the submarine in May as I didn't think the traffic was bad that night ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina