U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 08:48 AM

181 posts, read 559,233 times

Advertisements

We are renting a home in the area and I would like to have it sprayed for bugs inside and out . I really don't like bugs and I think this will give me peace of mind. I called one but would like to ask who is good and will do a good job or that others have used. My husband is the only one in the house and has nothing there so now would be a good time to spray because we wo;t come until after the 15th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 01:04 PM

144 posts, read 609,405 times
I'm sorry I know this isn't funny to you but are you planning on having your bugs "spayed" or neutered? For me I prefer an exterminator.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Sorry I guess I didn't word it right. And it isn't funny. I guess it was a bad more for my husband to take this job and perhaps the South won't be for me. At this point I have no choice. I can't process flyng raoaches and all that and that isn't anyway a negitive to you all but I have no ability to process that so it isn't funny to me.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 PM

19,561 posts, read 17,809,660 times
You are panicing for nothing. Get a 5 gallon sprayer from Lowes and a good bug killing mixture and they have your husband spray the house, inside and out. i do this 4 times a year and have no bugs inside dispite 3 dogs.
By the way, you will probably never see a cockroach fly. They are rare if you spray. If you don't want to go that route then call Orkin or someone similar.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 PM

I did call several today and although it would be cheaper I'm sure to do it yourself I would rather a professional did it. It wasn't as expensive as I thought. My Dad was born and raised in Virginia it has been clear to me that I'm not my Fathers Daughter. I'm going to try though but I'm really having a hard time. I was told on the Virginia board for the Hampton Roads that bugs weren't a issue and that Palmetto bugs or whatever were in Florida or South Carolina. That bugs would really be no different then in Michigan, unless you camp. That isn't exactly true. I find it hard to believe that Elizabeth City not being that far from Virginia that they don't have the same things as you do. I don't like bugs you might have fiqured that out. I could stand up and make a speach in front of many people or stage a protest last summer on the steps of our state capital and give news interviews but I don't want to have bugs in my house basically I 'm talking about roaches. I have never known anyone where I live that has ever had roaches and to be there are as gross and disease filled as mice.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM

19,561 posts, read 17,809,660 times
I wish you luck reese, but just keep your home sprayed and clean and you will probably never see a roach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina