Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:40 PM

35 posts, read 103,457 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I did a quick search for PCS and "phosphate" on the forum, but didn't return any matches, so I suppose I'll start a thread.

I've known a few people to work at PCS Phosphate, and I hear mixed reviews about the work experience out there, never the less, they seem to have great benefits, and from what I can tell, really take care of their employees.

In Eastern NC, that seems to be a bit of a rarity - at least for someone with no piece of paper with fancy writing on it! I'd like to hear what anyone has to say about PCS Phosphate - tactfully of course. Any information I should know before I apply for a job there would be great.

Thanks guys,
gjs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM

1,681 posts, read 6,007,475 times
I go to church with several PCS employees-All have nothing but positive comments. And check out their stocks!!
Bill

Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 AM

46 posts, read 210,006 times
Great place to work from everything I have ever heard (I used to deal with them as a vendor).

The biggest problem is that Aurora is about as isolated as you can get. Plan on driving at least 45 minutes each way if you want to live anywhere with civilization (New Bern & Washington are the closest towns). Greenville is a good hour drive on crappy roads.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:45 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,007,475 times
Foyle-How correct you are!! Aurora is, "out there".
But on the flip side-because of its isolation-It offers many great real estate opportunities!!
Although extended-Some of us don't mind the peacful, scenic drives that country Hwy's have to offer! Acres and acres of corn and soybean fields, critters on the ground like deer. Critters in the air like bald eagles. Water, water everywhere! Gotta love it!!
Bill

Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 AM

46 posts, read 210,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
But on the flip side-because of its isolation-It offers many great real estate opportunities!!
Although extended-Some of us don't mind the peacful, scenic drives that country Hwy's have to offer! Acres and acres of corn and soybean fields, critters on the ground like deer. Critters in the air like bald eagles. Water, water everywhere! Gotta love it!!
Bill
You must not have to pay for gas Bill!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:54 AM

917 posts, read 2,292,601 times
gjs 4786 lives in Oriental which is 10 miles from Bayboro which in turn is 12 miles from Aurora. He will actually drive less than if he was working in New Bern!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:01 PM

How correct you are. It's about a 22-25 minute drive. Not to mention, I could probably work out some sort of car-pooling arrangement with some other employees that I know.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,847,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
Bill
It is gorgeous out there but a real hike via the hard top. There's a little civilization is Swan Quarter isn't there? And it's not that far via a free ferry ride, if I recall correctly.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:36 PM

Well, I wont be going there for the civilization or the scenery. I'm going there to work. :-) I called Human Resources and got the address to the New Bern office. I'm going to apply today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:42 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,847,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjs4786 View Post
Well, I wont be going there for the civilization or the scenery. I'm going there to work. :-) I called Human Resources and got the address to the New Bern office. I'm going to apply today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
I understand that, but you do have to live somewhere!

Good luck with the process and sure hope you get the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina