U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,359,560 times

Advertisements

yeah, seen some good prices on houses there. I will be in downtown raleigh most likely as I hate to commute. statistically, and trying to stay on topic, crime in that area is about half of the crime in wilmington. I can't believe with all the tax revenue this city has that they can't clean up the streets. I would love to take the cops to the two areas of town where the most crime is. they should just patrol those areas nonstop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_native74 View Post
Aside from the Wake County Public School System, yeah, it's run fairly well. My wife and I are actually just over the border in Clayton (Johnston County), which has excellent schools and really good prices on housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:19 PM

700 posts, read 2,943,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
all I will say about it is this. 1am, and I will bet you money stone drunk. there are things you can do to help prevent incidents like this, and being drunk and walking around at 1am when there are not people around is not one of them. hope this woman is ok.
Personally,I would not be out walking alone after dark in any city.However,not everyone who does is drunk.Some people work at night...especially in a tourist town with bars.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:40 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,359,560 times
that's pretty poor decision making though. walking alone that late at night. not a real rational decision, but that doesn't excuse it. hope they find the guy who did it, and give him a long time in jail with bubba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Personally,I would not be out walking alone after dark in any city.However,not everyone who does is drunk.Some people work at night...especially in a tourist town with bars.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
that's pretty poor decision making though. walking alone that late at night. not a real rational decision, but that doesn't excuse it. hope they find the guy who did it, and give him a long time in jail with bubba.
Yes,I agree that it was a poor decision that I'm sure she regrets,but from what I understand people use to be able to do that in Wilmington without worrying about anything like that happening.That was one reason they chose to live here.Now you have to be more careful and cautious and NEVER walk alone at night.However,the victim was not responsible and it was not her fault that it happened.It was another brutal crime that's happening too frequently.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
yeah, seen some good prices on houses there. I will be in downtown raleigh most likely as i hate to commute. Statistically, and trying to stay on topic, crime in that area is about half of the crime in wilmington. I can't believe with all the tax revenue this city has that they can't clean up the streets. I would love to take the cops to the two areas of town where the most crime is. They should just patrol those areas nonstop!
amen!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:23 AM

183 posts, read 612,495 times
Quote:
Yes,I agree that it was a poor decision that I'm sure she regrets,but from what I understand people use to be able to do that in Wilmington without worrying about anything like that happening.That was one reason they chose to live here.Now you have to be more careful and cautious and NEVER walk alone at night.However,the victim was not responsible and it was not her fault that it happened.It was another brutal crime that's happening too frequently.
Very true. Back when I was in middle and high school (late 80s / early 90s), I lived over on Wilshire Blvd., and I would walk back and forth to my friends houses that were in the area, and it could be pitch black and no one worried. Now? There's absolutely NO way I'd walk alone in the dark anywhere near Wilshire.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:08 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,051,388 times
[quote=Florida15;4592609]I'm a glass half full,positive,hopeful person QUOTE]

HUMMMMM, interesting, "half full" - "half empty", doesn't really matter it is still just a half a cup of "whatever".

Old 07-26-2008, 07:37 AM

[quote=Dusty Rhodes;4609020]
Quote:
I'm a glass half full,positive,hopeful person QUOTE]

HUMMMMM, interesting, "half full" - "half empty", doesn't really matter it is still just a half a cup of "whatever".
I soooo humbly disagree.......it absolutely does matter.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:27 PM

194 posts, read 291,360 times
Default Wow ...No Durham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
NC cities in the Top 100.

Charlotte #50
Fayetteville #59
Winston-Salem #72
Wilmington #78
Greensboro #92

http://www.cqpress.com/docs/City%204...gerous_14E.pdf
Wow! I expected to see Durham on the list

Old 07-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Durham barely missed the top 100......they're at #103 right now. They'll probably make it to the top 100 in the very near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina