U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:22 AM

700 posts, read 2,941,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
use the search feature, either on here, or on google. search crime statistics by zip code. I didn't expect hampstead to be worse than say, forest hills. violent crim in wilmington is worse, but the theft in hampstead is what made the crime index worse. it happens when you have gated communities surrounded by poor people in double wides. if people would look over their privacy fence every now and then, they might notice.
Like I said before.......even if you live in a gated community,you still are out living your daily life and are well aware of what goes on out there. We are not blind or deaf. I have noticed people living in trailers,but that doesn't mean they are criminals. It just means that maybe they haven't had the same opportunities as others and that's all they can afford right now. My daughter lives in a trailer right now in the Winston-Salem area,but she's definitely not poor or a criminal. She's just a statistic and victim of a divorce and that's all she can afford right now.

Last edited by Florida15; 07-24-2009 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNesters View Post
finalsay - Again, I ask you to either post or send me in a PM what websites you are using to find this informaiton. I also find it interesting that in the first post where you totally trashed Hampstead by saying we have the worst crime index that you are talking about murder in Washington DC in the same post... Then later you come back and "admit" that this crime index deals with theft(which I still don't believe-I need to see proof of this-I have done as you said, googling crime statistics by zip code and do not find anything that supports your claim.) You continue to "diss" our community by saying that we have "gated communities surrounded by poor people in double wides." Obviously you don't know ANYTHING about Hampstead....where are these gated communities of which you speak? I am wracking my brain this morning trying to think of ONE. I think Pelican Reef has a gate, which maybe they close at night, but it is open all day....same with Pecan Grove....and neither of those are surrounded by "poor people in double wides" and those are only two subdivisions out of many. I think you owe the folks in Hampstead and this forum an apology for posting MISINFORMATION and false generalizations about an area of which you have no knowledge. Hampstead is not perfect, but it is undeserving of the statements you have posted. People look to this forum for factual, true information, particularly if they are considering relocation to this area!
here is my apology. I'm sorry real estate agents aren't able to sell houses in hampstead, and I'm sorry people in hampstead don't understand what a crime index is, or how to use google. for that, I am truly sorry. the information has been posted on this site, in detail. I am not going to do it again.

Last edited by thefinalsay; 07-24-2009 at 08:05 AM..

Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 PM

291 posts, read 766,210 times
thefinalsay - I am not a real estate agent, if that is what you are implying....I just don't like to see stupid stuff that is not true posted! I think most people in Hampstead know what a crime index is and how to use google...I certainly do and have done it, and the fact that you won't post where you found this information or even send a private message proves you probably have NOT found it. Even if you did, the zip code 28443 covers over 135 square miles and is not just Hampstead(indeed, as I said before Hampstead is not incorporated....try to find it in city-data.com - you cannot do it) Wish you could just be a nice person and apologize for posting misinformation, but guess that would be asking too much....

Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 PM

116 posts, read 375,951 times
Oh please, its not the first violent crime this year, don't insult the families who lost a loved one to crime, I recall a young man being shot and left to die on River Rd a few months ago, I guess your memory must be as bad as your math, you can't even count the months of the year, FYI, its July, the 7th month.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:43 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robma44541 View Post
Oh please, its not the first violent crime this year, don't insult the families who lost a loved one to crime, I recall a young man being shot and left to die on River Rd a few months ago, I guess your memory must be as bad as your math, you can't even count the months of the year, FYI, its July, the 7th month.
I guess my math skills are on par with your reading skills. I didn't say it was the first violent crime.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNesters View Post
thefinalsay - I am not a real estate agent, if that is what you are implying....I just don't like to see stupid stuff that is not true posted! I think most people in Hampstead know what a crime index is and how to use google...I certainly do and have done it, and the fact that you won't post where you found this information or even send a private message proves you probably have NOT found it. Even if you did, the zip code 28443 covers over 135 square miles and is not just Hampstead(indeed, as I said before Hampstead is not incorporated....try to find it in city-data.com - you cannot do it) Wish you could just be a nice person and apologize for posting misinformation, but guess that would be asking too much....

YouTube - Cricket Sound

Old 07-25-2009, 04:03 PM

116 posts, read 375,951 times
"shocking. a violent crime, and hear were are, just 8 months into the year"
finalsay,

your sentence implies that 8 months have passed and a violent crime has just happened.....and your spelling is as bad as your grammar, the "hear" is spelt "here" in that context.
Good news on the gang front, Wilmington is getting 300,000 dollars to fight gang crime from the state. I guess we are not the only ones seeing gang activity in Wilmington after all.

Last edited by robma44541; 07-25-2009 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robma44541 View Post
"shocking. a violent crime, and hear were are, just 8 months into the year"
finalsay,

your sentence implies that 8 months have passed and a violent crime has just happened.....and your spelling is as bad as your grammar, the "hear" is spelt "here" in that context.
Good news on the gang front, Wilmington is getting 300,000 dollars to fight gang crime from the state. I guess we are not the only ones seeing gang activity in Wilmington after all.
I am aware of the difference. you should google the word, typo. I see the city is taking big steps by getting $300,000 for gang violence. that is enough to buy a can of fix-a-flat for the "gang units" bicycle. so first I was bad at math, then it was my memory. now you are telling me it's my spelling and grammar. you are all over the map, indicating to me that you are bad at geography.

wilmington has 1 murder this year. that's shockingly low.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:59 PM

890 posts, read 3,966,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post

wilmington has 1 murder this year. that's shockingly low.
It is also shockingly unusual. You are also talking about the Wilmington city limits ONLY. New Hanover County has had 3 murders this year and there have also been plenty of stabbings, shootings and beatings. Two guys were just beaten unconscious the other night downtown as I recall. Even though they didn't die, it is still a violent crime and it happens downtown a lot.

Looks like the gang was at it again: Pistol-whipping robbery reported in downtown Wilmington for second time in week | StarNewsOnline.com | Star News | Wilmington, NC Guess they're determined to break the streak.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 PM

86 posts, read 293,563 times
I gotta chime in here. I'm visiting Wilmington in a few days to see if it's a place I'd like to live. I live in Vegas now, a HUGELY crime-ridden city, and I've never been close to a crime because I stay out of the bad neighborhoods. Wherever you move, there will be bad neighborhoods and crime. You just have to use common sense.

Speaking of the safest neighborhoods, which ones should I go see when I visit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina